Chapter 1

"Shit..." I kept repeating to myself as I repeatedly cut myself with a razor while shaving. I kept losing my balance in the shower since I didn't have the money to go out and buy a mat to put on the floor. But I was determined to look nice for tomorrow, for Mr. Grey. 

I had only known him for a month and he already had the greatest influence on me. He was tan, handsome, strong, and had beautiful sea blue eyes. He also had a great personality, always kind, always cared about me and the other students. 

I finally got out of the shower and went into my room and got ready for bed. I knew my dad wasn't going to come home tonight but I left the door unlocked just in case. I was never worried about our apartment getting robbed, there wasn't anything to rob. There was no food, lousy furniture, the tv doesn't work and was made in the 1960s. There was nothing nice so I always left the door unlocked for my dad. 

Morning came too quickly but I was excited for the day, for the week, for the rest of the year because every 4th period, I would get to spend 40 minutes with one of the best teachers I have ever had. 

I was out the door by 6:45 am. Perfect timing to get to school by 7:15. It was a brisk morning but I was wearing just a sweatshirt and shorts. When I got to school my new friend who was in some of my classes, Aaron, greeted me at the door. 

"Hey!" He said in a bright tone. 

"Hey." We walked in the building and sat at one of the lunch tables to wait until the bell rings. 

"Did you do the math homework last night?" I nodded. I wouldn't dare cause any friction between Mr. Grey and me. The bell rang and we went to first period, English. Not my best subject but I got by. Today all we were doing was vocabulary which was easy. It was just memorization. 

The next two periods went by slowly, I couldn't stop thinking about him. Finally, the 3rd-period bell rang dismissing us to 4th. I walked quickly up the stairs and to the math wing. I was the first one in and saw him sitting at his desk, grading homework assignments. 

"Morning, Mr. Grey," I said cheerfully, but not too cheerful. He looked up from his papers and smiled. My heart melted. 

"Good morning Danni." Every time he says my name it sends a shiver down my spine. Other students started to file in so I took my seat and got out my notes from yesterday. He began teaching and I couldn't focus on anything but his amazing looks and voice. I had to occasionally look at Aaron's notes so I wouldn't miss anything. Before I knew it, the bell rang dismissing us to lunch. 

"Danni, can I see you for a moment?" Mr. Grey asked as people were leaving. 

"Don't wait up for me," I told Aaron as I went over to the teacher's desk. 

"Can you shut the door?" He asked casually when the room was empty. I went over and closed the big wooden door, leaving just him and me, alone. 

"Did I do something?" I asked. I wasn't too nervous, he knew I was a good student and my grades reflected that. 

"Just want to make sure you're paying attention in class." I loved how caring he was. 

"Yeah, sorry it's been a long day." It's always a long day. 

"Is everything alright?" I always hated that question because nothing was ever alright. 

"Yeah, everything's fine." I lied. 

"You know you can always come talk to me." The reassurance in his voice made me want to kiss him then and there. 

"Thanks, Mr. Grey." I smiled and he led me to the door and opened it for me. Our hands gently grazed as I walked out. 

"See you later, Danni."