Chapter 24

***MR. GREY'S POV***

I immediately jerked my hand away from the mom's who seemed to be confused as to why I did so.

"What the fuck?" I didn't care that I was yelling. Looking around, I couldn't find Danni anywhere.

"She went to the bathroom..." The lady paused, "Isn't she your student?" Why was she asking me this?

"Yeah," I didn't know what to say. I couldn't lie but I didn't want her to believe that I thought that she was Danni.

"Did you think I was her?" I was speechless. Who was she to come onto this plane, take Danni's seat while she's gone then make me look like the bad guy?

"Is everything okay?" I heard Danni's voice and was instantly relieved. She stood in the aisle with her left hand on the back of what was supposed to be her seat.

"Oh yes, darling." The mom got up and let her sit down. "I saw your teacher's shoes and just had to know where to get them for my husband!" It made me angry as to how believable she was. As Danni was getting situated I saw that the mom was mouthing something to me. I raised my eyebrow in confusing.

"Check your pocket." She said silently. I looked towards Danni who was preoccupied with her playlists and put my hand in my pocket and felt a piece of paper. This can't be good...

"Call me when you get your phone fixed :) ~Debra"

I turned it over and saw her number on the back with another smiley face next to it. I quickly put it back in my pocket so I could throw it away later. I quickly glanced to my right to see where Debra was but my eyes met with Danni's

"Are you okay? You've been acting weird ever since we got on this plane." She took one of her earbuds out and I could hear the music coming through it.

"Yeah I'm fine, don't worry about me." I faked a smile but she could see right through me.

"Okay... She paused and put the earbud back in, "Let me know if you want to talk." I nodded in acknowledgment and looked at my watch. We still had another 45 minutes until we were expected to land, that was plenty of time to take a power nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke quickly from the nudge I felt on my shoulder. I saw Danni flinch when I woke up so fast.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." I chuckled and noticed everyone was taking their seatbelts off.

"We just landed, you slept like a baby the whole flight." She giggled then got up and took her bag from the overhang. I had to hold on to the seat in front in front of me in order to get out of mine. I had forgotten about the blanket until I felt it fall onto the floor. I went to pick it up but hit my head on the front seat.

"Oh my gosh," Danni laughed, "You're a wreck." We both laughed and I finally got out of our seats with the blanket in hand.

"I can take that." I saw Danni trying to get my backpack out of the overhead bin and I reached up and grabbed it. She smiled then hoisted her laptop bag onto her back and waited for the line to start moving to leave the plane. I felt someone bump into me and I turned around to face Debra's kid.

"Sorry, sir." He looked up at me with his big, guilt-driven eyes.

"No worries bud." I smiled then looked for Debra, she was getting her son's toys from his seat and rushing to put them in her bag. I knew I should help but it might cause some mixed signals. She noticed that the line started moving at the front of the plane and tried to pack all the toys away but ended up dropping a superman action figure. I sighed and picked it up.

"You dropped this." I held the action figure up for her to see then put it in her bag along with some of the other toys.

"Thank you so much," She smiled sincerely and picked up the fully packed toy bag, "What would I ever do without you?" Her voice was innocent but the look in her eye wasn't.

"You'll have to find out." I muttered under my breath as we started walking to the exit of the plane. I followed Danni through the gate all the way until we reached the airport. Debra and her son must have gotten left behind because I didn't see them come out after us.

"Okay so the hotel is about a block away from the airport..." Danni was looking back and forth between her phone and the signs around the terminal. "...Oh and there's an Apple store in this airport so we can get your phone fixed!" She said excitedly and started walking to our left. I quickly picked up my backpack and followed her to the baggage claim. I saw Debra and her son on the other side of the conveyer belt and froze.

"If you wait here for our bags, I can go and get my phone fixed in the meantime." I took my backpack off and put it next to Danni's feet.

"Okay, do you want to meet back here?" That's exactly where I don't want to meet.

"It will probably take longer for Apple to give me a new phone than for our bags to arrive so why don't you just come to the store once our bags come out." It sounded like a good plan to me.

"I would have to carry all the bags then!" Danni complained. She was right, I couldn't ask her to carry all of our luggage.

"Why don't I take our backpacks." I picked hers up and put mine on my bag. "And then you would only have to get our suitcases." Danni nodded in agreement.

"Good luck with your phone!" I heard her yell from across the terminal. I turned around and gave her a quick salute and she returned it. That was our new thing ever since we watched a war movie.

I hurried over to the Apple store and was greeted with an employee with a blue shirt on that had the logo on it and a pin with a snowman on it.

"What can I help you with today, sir?" He was carrying an iPad in his hand and I could see his iPhone clipped to one of his belt loops. I took my phone out of my pocket and saw his eyes widen.

"I was hoping you could possibly help me get a new one of these?" I turned the phone over then back to the front.

"Say no more, follow me." I did as he said and sat down at one of the long tables. There were only five other people there, two with laptops and three with phones. "My friend, Amanda..." The guy pointed to a younger woman-probably 30s-with curly brunette hair "...She will help you get a new phone up and running." I thanked the guy and saw Amanda walk over with a smile on her face, she had perfectly white and straight teeth.

"Hey there, sir. Looks like you're gonna need a new phone today." She made eye contact with me then went to her iPad. "What kind of phone is this and when did you get it?"

"IPhone 7 and just last month." I had insurance on it too.

"And do you have insurance with it?" I nodded and she asked for all my information which I gave to her.

"Alrighty well I will go get you a brand new phone," She looked up from her iPad and we locked eyes, "Hang tight." She smiled and I watched her as she walked away from me. I knew that I should have a crush on her, she's my age, she's pretty, and she's smart. But I didn't feel anything towards her. I love Danni, and only Danni.

"You think she's pretty?" I heard Danni's voice and a shot of adrenaline went through my system.

"What?" I turned around and saw Danni standing there with both of our suitcases at her side.

"I saw everything," Her tone wasn't angry but I knew better than to think that she was okay, "the way you two looked at each other then you watched her ass as she walked away." Danni took the seat next to mine.

"Danni that's not what that was," I took her hand in mine, "I love you so much." I didn't care how loud I was or who heard me, the only important thing was that she heard me. "I love you, Danni." I smiled and looked into her eyes.

"I love you too." She blushed and took her hand out of mine. "Okay I believe you." She turned so that she could rest both her arms on the table. I saw Amanda come back out with a small box in her hand.

"Here she is." For a second I thought Danni meant Amanda but she was talking about the phone. I took my laptop out and we synced my new phone to iTunes so I could get all my information onto the phone.

"You guys have a wonderful day." Amanda said as we walked out. I gave her a wave then Danni and I made our way to our hotel.