Chapter 19

***MR. GREY'S POV***

I still couldn't believe that Danni had gotten into MIT. I love her so much my stomach aches with happiness for her. It's only been two days since Christmas and I already have our flights booked to tour MIT and meet with one of Danni's future professors to discuss her app. My parents left the day after Christmas and Danni has been over at my house 24/7 doing research and further developing her app and making it perfect before the visit.

"What time is the flight tomorrow?" I heard Danni's voice calling from the living room. She was watching the weather while I was microwaving lasagna for dinner.

"Not until 3. Should probably leave here around noon so we can check in and get settled." The microwave beeper went off and the smell of the pasta sauce filled the whole first floor. I put the hot plastic tray onto a placemat and cut it in half with a knife. Danni came over and brought her face close to the lasagna.

"It smells amazing!" She said excitedly and took a seat at the island. I attempted to scoop out one of the halves from the tray and put it onto the plate but instead the first layer of the lasagna came out leaving a mess in the tray and only a small portion onto the plate.

"Aw man!" I said with some frustration. Danni started giggling which made me laugh. No matter what she did, it always brought my mood up. I struggled to get the other half of the lasagna out of the tray because we were both laughing so hard. Once I finally got it out, I took the seat next to Danni and we began eating.

"So leave here around noon?" Danni asked. I nodded my head.

"Do you want me to drop you off at home after dinner so you can pack and then I can pick you up again tomorrow morning?" I asked her with a mouthful of lasagna.

"Yeah that would be great." She took a sip from her water bottle, "It's going to be so weird sleeping at home. I haven't been there in what seems like forever."

"I know. The bed is going to feel so empty." The rest of the time we ate in silence with the news in the background. Once we were both done, I put the plates in the fridge while Danni grabbed her shoes from the living room. I met her at my car and drove to her house.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning!" Her voice seemed excited. I smiled and we kissed goodnight and she got out of my car. It hurt seeing her go, even though I was going to see her first thing in the morning. Although we hadn't seen any signs of her dad since the incident, I felt nervous about letting her stay alone. She's been doing it for her whole life but I can't stand the fact of her being so vulnerable in her own house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up around 8 a.m and finished the last bit of my packing. Even though I wasn't that hungry, I still made a piece of toast with butter. I pulled my phone out and checked my messages. There was one from Danni:

What time r u picking me up? Miss you :)

Just seeing her name in my notifications made me smile.

11-ish? It may take a while to get to the airport. Don't want to be late! I miss you too.

Sometimes I forget that Danni is still my student. Even if she had switched classes, she still goes to the same school that I teach. Ever since she started coming over I've always thought of her as a friend, or even a girlfriend. Never one of my students.

I emailed the school about Danni's opportunity and told them that I would be her sponsor and take her on the trip. No one seemed to think twice so we didn't have to worry about anyone getting any suspicions.

Leaving now. C u soon

I texted Danni around 11:45 and got into my car to go to her house. The traffic was heavier than I was expecting and didn't arrive until closer to 11:15. The second I pulled into the driveway she came out the door with her purple suitcase. She walked down the walkway with a huge smile on her face and I couldn't help but smile back. I opened the trunk and helped her get her suitcase in next to mine.

"I missed you." I kissed her on the cheek once we got into the car.

"I missed you too." She blushed and I backed out the driveway and we made our way to the airport.

***A/N***

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been posting a lot! I promise I will do the best I can to publish as much as I can. Thank you so much for staying loyal and I hope you like the story so far! Love you all!

(Sorry this chapter is a little short, I promise it's going to pick up soon!)