Chapter 40

***MR. GREY'S POV***

I woke up to an empty bed and no clothes. It took my eyes a few minutes to adjust to the lighting. Once I could finally keep my eyes open without squinting, I scanned the room.

It was my bedroom. The sheets were scattered and the pillow next to mine had been used. My clothes were on the ground with the exception of my shirt. I shifted over to the other side and saw the same dress, sweater, and shoes that Tracey was wearing last night.

Shit.

I immediately jumped out of bed and rushed around to get some clothes on. I threw the bedroom door open and the scent of bacon took over. I slowly went downstairs and peeked over the railing to see Tracey behind the stove making scrambled eggs,  wearing my shirt from last night that just made it over her waistband. She turned her head to look at the tv and must have seen me.

"Hey, sexy!" She left her position at the stove to come and greet me. I took a step back but she jumped forward and kissed me on the cheek. "I'm making bacon and scrambled eggs!"

I forced a smile and poured myself a cup of coffee. "It smells great." Tracey returned to the stove and I was sitting against the arm of the couch. I tried to remember anything from last night but the very last thing I remember was taking the first shot of tequila.

"So, how did you sleep?" Tracey yelled from the kitchen. The living room feeds into the kitchen so I could hear her just fine without her having to yell.

"Not bad, you?" I was hoping that she would give me some sort of hint as to what happened last night.

"Very good." Tracey walked behind me and wrapped her arms around my chest. "Breakfast is ready." She whispered into my ear. It took all my strength to not push her away. "I'm surprised you were even able to make it out of bed this morning." She gently kissed the top of my ear and went into the kitchen.

What the hell happened last night?

I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the counter. A plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and ketchup were there waiting for me. Tracey already sat down and started eating. I tried to think of a way that I could make her tell me what happened without sounding rude. I was going to be seeing her every week day until June.

"So..." I started, "Listen I've got to be honest..." I tried to stop myself but my mouth just kept going, "...I had way to much to drink last night. I'm assuming you remember what happened last night?" I looked up from my plate to meet Tracey's kind eyes. She didn't seem mad at all. Did the words really come out? Am I just imagining all of this?

"Well, I'm not surprised. You drank half your bodyweight last night!" She playfully punched my shoulder and took another bite of her eggs. I slightly remember taking a few more shots but nothing clear was coming to my mind. "After shot five, I switched your drinks with water so that's why you don't have a major hangover." I was surprised as to why my head wasn't throbbing. From what she's describing, I should barely be able to look out the window let alone stand and walk without my brain beating out of my skull.

"So..." I chose my words carefully. "What exactly happened?" I avoided eye contact, focusing only on the plate in front of me.

"Well..."

"Steve!" I yelled to the bartender. "One more round!" I swirled my arm around like a cowboy. "On me!" Everyone cheered and I felt a tug on my arm.

"Luke!" Tracey yelled. She was right next to me but with everyone cheering, I could barely hear her. She managed to pull me out of the bar and into the parking lot. The cold air gave me a refresher from all the body heat. "We have to get you home." I laughed and tried to stumble my way back into the bar.

"My people need me!" I raised arm up but Tracey still had a strong grip on my other arm. Before I knew it, I was in the backseat of my own Jeep. "Where are you taking me?" I yelled. "You can't kidnap me! I'm an adult! That's..." I tried to find the words. "Adultnap! And I don't think that's legal!"

"Luke, just calm down." Tracey kept her eyes on the road. Why did she call me Luke? Wasn't my name Lucas? There's, like, no similarity. Does she know it's me?

"Tracey! It's me, Lucas. I'm your friend from school." I heard her chuckle but that might have just been me.

I felt the car stop and suddenly I was all alone in the car. It felt like eternity until the door opened up, Tracey standing there holding the handle. I sat up and wrapped my arms around her. She took me all the way up to the bedroom and through me onto the bed.

"You know." She whispered, unbuttoning my shirt. "I like you when you're drunk." She kissed me on the neck. I put her head in my hands and kissed her deeply on the lips.

"I love you so much."

As Tracey was recapping the night, I remembered it all too well. "Wait..." She put her hand on my arm, causing me to make eye contact with her. "There's more." I didn't like the sound of that...

"Fuck me, Lucas." Tracey climbed on top and layed herself onto me.

"Oh my god." I threw my head back in pleasure. "Danni." I moaned.

"Wait... What?" I stopped Tracey's story telling. "Did I actually say that?" Tracey nodded and I pretended to act confused but really, I was terrified. What else could I have said?

"Lucas." Our gazes met, my eyes filled with fear and confusion. "Why would you ever say Danni's name?" Her tone was serious. I shook my head in innocent bewilderment.

"I honestly have no idea." I lied. I now remembered every thought that went through my head last night. The second we got home I thought I was with Danni. My head tricked me into seeing Danni instead of Tracey. That's the only reason I had sex with her last night. But how do I explain this?

Tracey raised her eyebrow, "Do you have a relationship with Danni O'Neal?" Her face blew up in shock. I didn't even have a chance to respond. "That makes perfect sense! You're her representative for that MIT thing! You guys went to the university together, that must have been when it started!" She rambled on, speaking a hundred words a minute. "Lucas, this is illegal." Those words I heard perfectly clear.

"Woah woah woah." I held my hands up to stop her. "Tracey, none of that is even close to being true." I was proud of myself for how serious I sounded. "Danni and I are strictly teacher and student." She still seemed suspicious. "I was so drunk last night, you know that. Why I said Danni's name is beyond me."

"Yeah, I guess that's true." She returned to eating her eggs. "That's so weird though." She said casually. I took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

"Pretty crazy."

~~~~~~~~~~

I drove Tracey back to her house not long after breakfast. The whole drive home I couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened in the last 24 hours. I knew this was going to be a bad idea, but I had no clue what I had gotten myself, and Danni, into. Tracey seemed to give up her suspicion quickly but there was still a little part of me that felt uneasy.

I tortured myself going through any scenario that might happen from now until graduation. Tracey could tell the administration, she could tell Danni, she could tell other teachers, the possibilities were endless.

I tried to keep it out of my mind on Monday. I succeeded up until 4th period when Danni came in. She was one of the first ones to arrive, giving me a slight smile as we made eye contact. I bit my lip, debating as to whether I should tell her or not.

"Danni-" I started but someone else came into the room. She turned her head to look at me. "Just need to clarify something with you after class." Danni nodded and I took a deep breath.

Okay Lucas, you can do this. Just make it through these last 40 minutes.

***A/N***
Hey guys! Hope you liked the surprise updated yesterday:)) i apologize for the shitty chapter, my mind is all over the place today😩 Don't forget to vote and comment! Love y'all