Chapter 31

***MR. GREY'S POV***

We arrived at the cabin at around 1pm There was more traffic after the restop for a few miles but it was never a standstill. We were stuck behind an 18-wheeler for most of the drive so we could never look to our sides to see what the traffic was about. Turns out there was an engine on fire in the left lane, causing everyone to merge into the right-most lanes. The minivan looked completely destroyed when we passed it, as if it had been blown up by the military.

Danni gasped when we pulled into the driveway of my 3-story modern log cabin. I parked the jeep on the right side of the house and helped Danni carry her luggage to the front. She opened the front glass door for me and waited as I stumbled through the doorstep, carrying all the luggage in one go.

"Need help?" She giggled and closed the door behind me.

"Two trips are for losers." I smiled and put everything on the floor. Danni started to look around the living room but I caught her arm and she turned to face me.

"What?" She seemed a little annoyed and she started to slightly pull away but I could feel her smile as my lips met hers. I wrapped her in my arms, pulling our bodies together. She put her arms around my neck and I could smell her heavenly shampoo. Danni opened her mouth letting me explore her with my tongue.

"Over here." I whispered and pulled her over to the brown leather couch that faced the flatscreen. Our lips never parted as Danni climbed on top of me and cupped my face in her hands. I broke away briefly and stared into her beautiful eyes. "Are you sure you're ready to do this?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Her look was sincere and as the sun came out from behind the clouds, the living room glew from the light, we began to undress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your house is incredible." Danni yelled from the kitchen. I was lying down on the couch looking for a movie. Danni came back moments later wearing only my plaid shirt that just covered her hips. She was carrying two water bottles and tossed one to me. I briefly take the blanket off, inviting her in to cuddle. She smiles and climbs in and I wrap the blanket around us.

"How come I never knew about this place until now?" Danni asked, eyes fixed on the tv.

I shrug, "Never thought about it." I kept scrolling for a few minutes but we didn't see anything that we liked. Danni proposed that we go hiking later but I reminded her that it was already 4 and we should start thinking about our dinner plans.

"I know you don't have much food here after going through your fridge." Danni smirked and I chuckled. She turns so that she was facing me on the couch and rested her head against my chest.

"Very funny. I was thinking take out and we could eat it in the hot tub." I saw her eyes glow up the second I mentioned the hot tub.

"You're kidding." When I denied it she immediately got up and walked over to the big glass window that overlooked the back of the house. There was a deck that overlooked the pool. On one side of the pool were stairs that led to the hot tub and a fireplace. Beyond the patio was an endless row of trees with a few people finishing their hike.

"Lucas." Danni said under her breath, just loud enough for me to hear. "This is incredible." She turned around with a huge smile on her face. I sat up on the couch and watched her walk back over to me. She put her knees on the couch right next to my legs and kissed me on the forehead. "I love you."

The words created a new sensation. We've exchanged "I love you"s all the time but this was different. This was real, sincere.

"I love you too." I could tell that she got the same feeling. Our lips met once more then she got up and went to her phone on the counter. I stood up and followed her into the kitchen. Danni was sitting on one of the stools to the bar looking at her phone. I went behind the bar and grabbed a few of the take out menus. Danni started to fiddle with the beer dispenser but I moved her hand away.

"You're kidding." She whined, "I wasn't gonna get wasted." She had an innocent look plastered on her face.

"I'm not saying you can't drink, just not now. Wait for after dinner." I winked. "What are you in the mood for?" I layed out all of the menus on the marble countertop and waited for her to choose one.

"Chinese?" I nodded and put all the other menus away. Right before I asked Danni what she wanted to order, she gasped and looked straight at me. I asked what's wrong and she hesitated, trying to find the words.

"I don't think I packed a bathing suit." She paused, "How will we go swimming?" She bit her lip and looked down at the counter trying to think of a solution. I chuckled and she gave me a confused look. I walked over to her and whispered in her ear.

"Who said we're wearing bathing suits?"