Chapter 4

I slowly opened my eyes, not remembering anything that happened. I slowly rose and saw that I was on the floor. I noticed it was light outside when I sat up. Immediately there was a ringing in my ears and I got a massive headache. Now I remember. My drunk father punched me in the face and left. I looked at the clock and it read 10:54. Shit. I had missed all morning. I quickly got up, regretting it immediately as my brain pounded into my skull. I went to my room and changed into sweatpants and a short sleeve shirt. I didn't want to go into the bathroom and see my reflection, but I had to. I slowly made my way to the bathroom and turned on the light. He had hit my eye and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I kinda looked like a badass. I had a small cut on my cheekbone but I wasn't embarrassed by it. 

I made my way to school and I had to sign in at the attendance office. 

"Are you alright dear?" She asked me while handing me a note. I forgot I would have to make an excuse. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you." I took the note and looked at the time. "What period is going on right now?" 

"4th." She smiled and went back to her work. I quickly made my way to math (yay!) and when I opened the door all eyes went to me then straight to my eye. Mr. Grey was working with another student but he looked up as I took my seat and I saw the concern on his face. 

"Everyone back to work." He came over to me and took my attendance note. "Are you okay?" I nodded. I didn't want to tell him what happened. "Come see me during lunch so I can help you review what you missed." He and I both knew I already knew what we had gone over. He just wanted to make sure I was okay. 

The bell rang and Aaron waved goodbye to me as I made my way to Mr. Grey's desk. 

"Can you shut the door?" He didn't ask the same way he had the other morning, this was different. 

"First off, are you ok?" His voice was very worried and I blushed. 

"I'm fine. Sorry I was late." I kinda wanted him to feel sympathetic, I liked it. 

"Oh my god it's not a problem." There it was. "I was worried when you didn't show up this morning." He hesitated. "I kinda hoped we could pick up where we left off." I melted. Did he just say that? I'm in love. 

"There's people everywhere." I pointed outside to the vacant hallway and bit my lip. Lucas stood up from his desk and walk towards me. My heart started pumping. He put his finger on my eye. I decided to give him a little wince to make him feel more sympathetic and it worked. He pulled away and gave me a sad look. He put his hand on my neck, the same way he did before, and our lips met. He moved his hands down towards my waist and I put mine on his back. I never wanted this moment to end. The blood was rushing all through my body and I could barely breathe. 

The bell interrupted us and we parted. My stomach reminded me that I hadn't eaten lunch. I looked into his eyes and he smiled. "Tomorrow?" 

"Tomorrow." I blushed. I just couldn't get over the fact that he actually cared for me. I haven't felt this way in ages. Kinda like how my mom used to care about me. 

But that's a whole other story.