Chapter 25

***DANNI'S POV***

I wandered around the lobby of the hotel while Lucas was checking us in. The furniture was modern and there was a long countertop with a divider down the middle, seating on either side. There were outlets on the divider in case someone needed to charge while working. We were staying at a Marriott hotel so it wasn't a surprise to see all the modern decorations. As I was walking around, I saw that there was a section that had a mini fridge filled with water bottles and coke cans. On top of the fridge there was a basket filled with what looked like taffy. I walked over and saw a sign saying that it was free to take. I grabbed a few pieces of taffy and a water bottle for Lucas and I.

"You ready?" Lucas held up the keys to our room. I grabbed my suitcase and followed Lucas to the elevators.

"Here," I handed him a water bottle. He thanked me and quickly opened it, taking a long drink from it.

"Thirsty?" I joked and we both chuckled. The ring of the elevator went off and the doors all the way to the left opened. Lucas moved his arm signalling for me to go in first.

"Ladies first." I blushed and quickly stepped into the small elevator. "I promise...." Lucas started as he walked in next to me, "...The rest of this trip is going to be drama free." He looked at me and I couldn't help but smile. This made him laugh which made me go crazy. Even his chuckles are perfect.

"It'll be great." I smiled, watching the little red number on the screen going up, indicating the floor level. The elevator stopped moving when the number hit 8 and the ding went off again.

"Here we are." Lucas walked out first and led the way to our room. He unlocked the door and when I started to walk in he held is arm out.

"What is it?" I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Let me just look around first to make sure the room is..." He paused, "To our standards." He took a few steps into the room and propped his suitcase up in front of the door to keep it from shutting. I rolled my eyes, highly doubting anyone or anything out of the ordinary would be there.

From what I could see in the hallway, there were two beds and a desk with a mirror in front of it. I tilted my head to look further into the room but Lucas blocked my view.

"All clear." He said seriously. It took all my self control not to laugh. I rolled my suitcase in after him and set it down in the corner.

"Which bed do you want?" I asked casually as Lucas shut the door. He raised his eyebrow when he put his suitcase down.

"Separate beds?" I thought he was sarcastic but his look was serious. He saw my surprised look and chuckled. "Do you not want to share a bed?"

"I don't know, wouldn't that be weird since we're on a school funded trip?" T just didn't feel right to me. I love Lucas, I wouldn't want to do anything that would risk our relationship. He seemed to read my mind and nodded.

"I'll take this one then." He took his backpack off and put it on the bed furthest to the right. I went over and put my bag on the opposite side of the room and let out a sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My alarm went off the next morning at 7:30 and I was quick to turn it off and get out of bed. We weren't supposed to be at the scholarship meeting until 9 but I couldn't risk being late. I heard Lucas groan from the other side of the room when I opened the curtains, letting the light from the sunrise fill the room.

"Come on, let's go get breakfast." I put my Uggs on and waited for Lucas to slowly get out of bed.

"Not just five more minutes?" He complained while putting his flip flops on.

"Come on we can relax at breakfast." I quickly went over to the door but Lucas stopped me before I could open it.

"At least give me a hug before we go." He smiled with his eyes half-closed and opened his arms. I smiled and fell into his arms. He hugged me fairly tightly and I loved the protectiveness of his arms around me.

"Thanks, I always love it when you do that." I blushed when we broke apart. He kissed me on the forehead before opening the door into the hallway. We shared the elevator with a young couple who were holding hands. I saw Lucas glance at them and then at me. He winked and gently grazed his hand against mine but the elevator doors opened and his hand went back to his side. I was a little disappointed but we had to stay a secret for a little longer.

Lucas and I haven't talked about what we are going to do after graduation, whether we are going public or not. I really want to but it would make things more complicated for Lucas and the school. I still want us to be together when I go to college. I guess that's a problem for the future...

***A/N***
Hey guys sorry this is kinda short but I feel bad for not updating recently so I owe it to you guys for posting at least once this week. Love y'all thanks for being so patient with me! <3