Chapter 34

***MR. GREY'S POV***

It was only our second day in the Poconos and we had managed to have sex four times in four different places. We were stalling from having to figure out what we were going to do about Danni's friends changing their plans and renting a house near ours. Danni claimed that she told them she would be arriving this afternoon for a short time then leaving to go to her aunt's house for the night.

"How are you going to get there? They think you're driving yourself but you can't take the jeep because they know that's not your car." Danni was making sandwiches at the counter, wearing only by college t-shirt.

"Maybe you can drop me off a few blocks away and I could say that I walked there." Her eyes never met mine.

"Where do they think your aunt lives?" I fiddled with my fingers wishing that she would make eye contact with me.

"A few streets down. I didn't tell them the exact address." This time she looked up and stopped cutting the sandwich halfway through. "Don't worry. I have this under control." She was saying one thing but her tone meant another.

"I wish I could believe you." I caught myself saying. I regretted it immediately. Danni's expression was unreadable as she put the knife down.

I watched her intensely as she came around the counter and stopped just inches away from my face. "Just trust me, okay?" Her tone seemed relaxed but I could tell she was angry that I didn't believe her. I looked down at my hands and nodded my head.

When it was time for Danni to make her appearance at the boys' house, I made sure that she was completely covered up.

"You know that most of these guys have girlfriends, right?" Danni raised an eyebrow at me while she was putting a white t-shirt on. The v-neck went too far down for my liking but I couldn't get her to change into something else.

"And are any of the girlfriends going to be there?" When she stayed silent I chuckled. "I just don't want anything to happen..." I wasn't sure where I was going with this speech but my mouth kept moving, "...These guys have probably been drunk since they got here and they have no sense of boundaries." I paused trying to think of a way to end this. "Just go in, stay sober, and get out. Say that you have an early dinner with your aunt." I found myself rambling and closed my mouth.

I was expecting Danni to start off on how she only loved me, which I knew, but instead she walked over and gave me a strong kiss on the mouth. "Let's go." She smiled and walked outside to my car.

"Stop here." Danni pointed to the stop sign and I pulled over. "I'll call you when I'm done and we'll meet back here." She was already halfway out the door when I called her name.

"Just stay smart." I said slowly. She nodded and headed off down the street. I watched her eventually turn into a driveway and disappear behind the trees. I trusted her completely but not so much the guys she was going to be alone for two hours with. Aaron I knew was gay, even though he never said it directly. Even though Peter had a girlfriend, I knew from how they acted in class that they were on the verge of a breakup. None of the other guys were in my class which made me trust them even less. I would be much more comfortable if I even recognized their names.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself when I got bag to the house. The place wasn't so messy since the majority of the time we spent here so far we weren't wearing any clothes. I decided to clean the sheets from the night before and quickly sweep the kitchen. I expected an hour or so to pass but when I checked my watch, it had only been 20 minutes since I got home.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and start grading the test I gave out the day before break. Many of the students weren't too happy about it but they needed an extra test to boost their grade. I purposefully made the questions off of the study guide and most students got above a 90%. I turned one of the tests over and found Danni's the next one. She put a smiley face next to her beautifully printed name and I chuckled. I wasn't surprised when I gave her the 100%, she was one of the smartest kids I have ever taught and caught on to new material well. Most of my seniors start to lose interest towards the end of the year and once they get into college. Not Danni, she always gives it her all whether it was her first day of school or her last, that's why I loved her so much.

Grading the papers took almost two hours and I checked my phone to see if Danni had texted me. Instead of seeing the text asking me to pick her up, my heart dropped when I saw the words:

Help me.

I immediately jumped out of my chair and sprinted into my car. Smoke came from the tires as I floored it out of my driveway and towards the guys' house. I wasn't sure which one was theirs but when Aaron limped out onto the sidewalk, that gave it away. I hit the brakes and didn't bother taking the keys out of the ignition as I jumped out of the car. I didn't care that they saw me, I just had to make sure Danni was okay.

When I approached Aaron, I could smell the alcohol from a few feet away. There was a large cut going across his cheek that was dripping blood from his chin. He noticed me almost right away and his eyes widened with both fear and curiosity.

"Mr. Grey?" Although he was tipsy, he was still functioning fine.

"Aaron," I took a closer look at his cut, "What the hell happened?"

"What are you doing here?" He didn't answer my question. I needed to know if Danni was in serious danger or not.

"Never mind that, what happened?" My tone went from concerned to demanding.

"I got into a fight." He looked down, embarrassed. "What started off as a friendly competition turned into an all-out drunk fight. The guy broke a beer bottle and used the piece of glass to, you know." He pointed to the cut.

"Who else was there?" I couldn't go asking for Danni. All I could think of was whether or not she was harmed.

"Uh just a couple of friends from school." I groaned and he realized that wasn't specific enough for me. "Peter, Josh, and uh, Danni." My heart ached when he said her name.

"Is everyone else ok?" I didn't let him answer that question, "Where are they?" I gripped Aaron's shoulders just a little too hard and he winced. I pulled away immediately but urged him to give me an answer.

"I'm not sure. I know Danni is still in the living room but I'm pretty sure everyone else left after that." I felt a small sense of relief that he knew where Danni was. "She's tried to stop us and kind of got in the way." I ran into the house before he could finish his sentence.

"Danni" I yelled. I turned to my right and saw her lying on the ground holding her stomach. I jumped down next to her, trying not to break apart. "What happened? Let me see." She must have gotten the wind knocked out of her, or the adrenaline is preventing her from being able to speak.

I gently held her arm and slowly pulled it away from her stomach. She didn't resist as I took her bloody arm and layed it against her side. There was a massive gash right under her ribs and her blood caused her white shirt to turn completely red.

"Oh, Danni." I was at a loss for words. I looked into her eyes which were filled with fear and pain. I felt a tear fall down my face and watched it fall onto her arm which I had placed right next to my knees.

Before I knew it, all I could see were the flashing lights of an ambulance and Danni's body being driven away. Leaving me alone in the middle of the street covered in Danni's blood.