Chapter 27

***MR. GREY'S POV***

My heart ached for Danni. She had been working so hard to get here and now she has people observing her and making notes on her every move. The woman that made the first two announcements sat at the round table that was closest to the stage along with a few men and two other women. I thought I recognized one of them but my view was blocked by another person that sat down at our table. He was a somewhat overweight man and he was wearing a suit and tie. I looked at my clothes, all I had were nice pants and a dress shirt. I quickly glanced around and saw that only a few of the men were actually wearing formal clothing.

"So, I'm guessing your the sponsor?" The man caught me off guard and I hesitated.

"Uh, yeah that's me." I bit my lip, why was I so nervous? I don't fit in with this crowd, I'm just a calculus teacher. I'm not a genius or up for a Nobel prize. Not that any of these people are but they sure do seem like it.

"Same here," The man reached his hand out and introduced himself, "I'm Stephen Fleming." I shook his hand and he told me that he was a teacher at Norwood High School.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Lucas Grey." I started to tell him where I taught but he held up his hand.

"I know who you are." His facial expression seemed happy and innocent but i still felt uneasy.

"How so?" I didn't recognize his name and I don't forget faces that easily. Stephen opened his mouth but the loudspeaker cut him off. A different woman was on the stage, she was testing out the microphone and everyone turned her way.

"Hello? Can you guys hear me in the back?" I couldn't believe it. I knew I recognized someone from the table in front of me, it was Debra.

"Hello everyone, I apologize for the delay, I know you guys have been waiting anxiously but we appreciate your patience." She was wearing a black blazer and a skirt with black leggings. She didn't look at all like she did at the airport. I wondered if Danni recognized her too. "My name is Debra and I am one of the directors as well as one of the spectators today. If I could ask everyone to bring their attention to the board behind me, we will play a video that explains this program in much more detail. It runs for about a half an hour then we will have a presentation that goes more in depth. Thank you." Everyone clapped as Debra made her way back to her seat. Stephen seemed to be a little more enthusiastic than everyone else.

"I can't believe it's her." Danni leaned over and whispered in my ear. Looks like she did recognize her.

"I know, what are the odds?" I was glad that she didn't seem too upset about Debra. In Danni's eyes, Debra was just a stranger that happens to be at the same places that we were. I hope it stays that way...

The video had an overview on the program and some more information. The powerpoint was especially long and consisted of everything we already knew. I almost fell asleep but Stephen's horrendous coughing woke me up. Danni seemed to be a little dreary when the video ended but she got right up when they announced the tour was about to start.

"I can't wait to see the campus for real this time and not just online." She put the pamphlet and information packet in her green folder and gently placed it in her laptop bag.

"You're so organized." I started to say in a cute voice but corrected myself. I could see her blush as she put her backpack on her shoulders. The majority of the people were waiting by the door for a tour guide to lead them and i saw that Debra was staying behind. At least I won't have to worry about her on the tour.

The tour guide arrived about 10 minutes later, he was wearing a green sweater vest and khakis. He looked like a sophomore or junior but claimed to be a senior. As we were exciting the dining hall I noticed Stephen standing with Debra at the table. His hand was on her back then slowly went down to her ass and she giggled and kissed him on the cheek. Before I could see any more I was already out the door.

"Did you see that?" I whispered to Danni as we were walking towards our first destination on the tour.

"See what?" Her eyes were wandering around, looking at everything. She was a kid in a candy store. I wasn't gonna ruin her fun so I dismissed it.

The tour was around an hour and we explored all the highs and lows of the campus. I was quite impressed by the maturity and friendliness of the tour guide. He was always professional but was able to crack a joke every once in a while. Some of the jokes were above my head but I always turned to Danni to see if it was funny. At the end, we were given comment cards for the tour guide and I put down "Good sense of humor! Good luck irl" Danni taught me all the acronyms that people use for texting. I showed her my note for confirmation that I did it right.

"Look at you being all hip." She joked and we both laughed. I put my card in the cardboard box and waited for Danni to finish hers. We had the rest of the day free and I proposed that we go back to the hotel and relax for a while.

"Come on, we can go have a little of our own fun." I smirked. She blushed but shook her head.

"I wanna see more of the city! The campus! The technology department!" She went on and on about the sites she wanted to see.

"Come on ever since we got here we haven't had a break! With everything that happened this morning I think we just need to relax a bit." I was finally able to get her to agree.

"Fine. But only an hour." She smiled and we started our way back to the hotel. I hurried her along to our room and we were laughing uncontrollably by the time we got into the room. She had already undone the zipper on my pants when her phone rang.

"Just ignore it." I begged but she picked it up anyways.

"Hello?" Danni continued to unbutton her shirt but then stopped. "Are you serious?" She paused for a few moments, "Ok...Yeah...Thank you. I'll call soon." Her face started to grow red.

"Is everything okay?" I secretly hoped it wasn't anything important so that we could go back to what we were doing.

"Mrs. Rose died."

***A/N***

HUUUGGEEE THANK YOU to everyone who has stuck with this story even though I haven't updated regularly. I don't have a computer at home so I can't write as much as I would like but I am now able to use my dad's laptop until I can afford my own so look forward to more regular updates!! Hope you enjoy the story so far!