Chapter 5 "I need a job"

Sophie's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone's alarm. I groaned but woke up anyway. I entered my bathroom , brushed my teeth and quickly took a shower.

After changing into a tank top and shorts, I pulled my hair in a messy bun to keep it from getting in face. I got into kitchen to make pancakes for breakfast.

Pancakes should be declared as the National breakfast food of America.
I thought while chuckling to my self.

After I was finished making my breakfast, I served it in a plate and got up to eat on my couch.

While I was eating, I started thinking about all the things I have to do today. I have to go grocery shopping and furniture shopping since there are still some items that I need here.

And most importantly, I have to find a job.

I have worked before. I have my degree from Boston university in business management and I used to work in Boston . I did it for almost a year.

My grandma loved to bake. She used to work in a bakery back in Boston. I used to tell her to stop working and stay at home as she was getting old and needed more rest. But she never listened to me. She used to say that staying at home, resting, makes her feel old.

She taught me how to bake. She also taught me many different recipes. For me, she was the best cook. We used to cook together sometimes whenever we had time.

I miss her so much...

A sad smile tugged on my lips on remembering about those sweet moments i spent with my grandma.

After finishing my breakfast I got up and walked to the kitchen to wash my plate.

After I was done, I quickly got into my bedroom and searched for my laptop. After finding it, I carried it to my living room and sat cross legged on the couch with my feet in the coffee table, with the laptop on my lap.

I started searching for jobs and available positions in various company. There was a position available as a personal assistant in a company named River Corp. I've heard the name. It is quite famous and is a reputed company. The interview is going to be held on Monday in the company's main office building itself. The pay is also very good.

I am quite interested in it and I think I can work as a personal assistant. After a while I decided that I will go to the interview and try for the job.

After all, what can possible happen?