Chapter 37 "Say It"

Alexander's POV

That first kiss with the person that you've been dying to kiss is probably one of the most beautiful feelings in this world.

Last night, I didn't just kiss her. It was so much more than just a simple kiss to me. The way her soft lips moved in sync against mine, the feel of them, how she nibbled on my lips and gripped my hair tightly, the way she responded to my touch. She was so responsive. And she seemed to like every second of it too. I can still remember her body completely pressed to mine and how right it felt to hold her so close to me. The amount of happiness and possessiveness I felt when she said it was her first kiss is just too much.

We spent the night talking and sharing memories, while I kept telling her stories of my childhood and other times. Her laugh is probably one of the best things I've ever heard and I felt pride in knowing that I was the reason for it.

When she finally told me that Daniel is gay, I honestly didn't know how to react. I was somewhere between embarrassed and over the top happy. But the first thing that came to my mind when I finally registered the truth was, that Daniel was no longer a threat for me.

The way she wrapped her arms around me that night, lay her head on my shoulder, how her body fit perfectly to mine and how she gripped my jaw slightly and kissed me. It was amazing.

I woke up the next morning by the sound of the waves crashing reaching my ears. It was calming in it's own way that's why I decided to bring her with me. I looked over the horizon and it was just the break of dawn with the sun peeping out of the waters.

I felt something warm tickling my neck and something soft pressed against my body. I slightly turned my head to look Sophie, who was sleeping so peacefully snuggled to me. Her head was buried in the crook of my neck, breathing in soft sighs, her warm breath tickling my skin. I shifted a little so I could see her face. Her eyes were closed with her lips parted just a tiny bit which made her look adorable. She looked like an angel while sleeping. Her hand which was wrapped around my torso tightly last night now lay still on my chest, just above my heart. My hand was wrapped around her shoulder, keeping her close to me while my other hand gripped her waist tightly and our legs all tangled in a mess. Her lavender scent filling my nostrils and affecting me. I felt complete. She was like the last missing puzzle piece to complete the picture. She completed me.

I sighed happily.

This moment is perfect.

Blissful.

Content.

I lifted my hand from her waist to gently move the strand of hair that managed to escape and tucked in behind her ear. Without knowing, I started to play with her hair, wrapping it around my fingers and just touching it. I picked up a strand and just played with it.

So soft.

I kissed her forehead softly and left my lips lingering there for a little longer, not wanting to pull away.

The sun started to rise from the horizon, making her skin glow under the first ray of daylight. I started to run my hands through her hair softly and she started to move slightly. I kept playing with her hair and looked at her intently as she opened her eyes.