Chapter 14 "My new life"

Sophie's POV

It's been a week since I started working here and I really like it here.
It's my new life now, working here.

I spent my time working mostly and the other time when I'm not working I'm probably spending with Claire. We became really close friends during this time.

There are also a few other people I became friends with and they are all very friendly. But most of the girls here don't seem to like me very much. They keep glaring at whenever I pass by or just keep making rude comments. I don't understand why.

Claire said that they actually don't like that I am Alexander's new assistant.

The thing is that the whole female crowd working in the building swoons over him. And honestly, I don't blame them. He is perfect. Any girl would want to be with him. The only flaw he has is that he plays with girls.

But this place is not void of good looking people. All the women working here are so beautiful that it surprises me sometimes.

I once met Jackson on my way to the finance department. I was surprised when he talked to me. I thought he would have forgotten about me. He is a really good guy. We didn't get the chance to talk much but I know he is good.

The other other day when I was talking to Claire, I told her about Jackson. I don't if it was really or just my imagination but i think i saw something...some emotion...flicker in her eyes at the mere mention of him. When I told her about my encounter with him, she just kept quiet and listened which is not like her. Usually she becomes really hyper at the mention of me talking about any opposite gender. Which is funny but sometimes quite annoying.

She was so shocked when I told her I never kissed someone. I thought she already knew that since I told her I never had a boyfriend but she said and I quote "who said you can't kiss without a boyfriend?"

That girl...

I wonder what kind of guy will be able to handle her...

I was just sitting in my office when the intercom sitting on my desk ringed very loudly breaking my chain of thoughts.

I picked up and the first thing I heard was

"Come to my office. Now." And...he hung up.

I immediately recognised that deep and intimidating voice.

Mr. Hotness

I didn't get the chance to talk to him much after that little encounter in his office which left me so embarrassed.

I quickly got up and adjusted my outfit and began to walk towards his office. After reaching his office door I knocked on it followed by the sound of his voice.

"Come in "

I entered the office and saw him sitting behind his desk as usual.

He was wearing a dark grey Armani suit with a light blue tie. His muscles were visible even through his suit. The buttons of his suit were undone.

He was reading some file but looked towards my direction as soon as he heard me entering.

He looked me up and down and it was clear as crystal that he was checking me out. His gaze...it never failed to make me nervous.

To escape his scrutinising stare, i asked,

"You called me, sir?"

He looked at me again and nodded slowly.

"Yes, I need to talk to you"

What can it be?

AN:
ooohhh...What do guys think about Claire and Jackson?

How do you guys like this chapter?

Thank you people❤❤
We have reached 28k!!
And please vote, it makes me so happy!❤❤
Can we get to 2k votes?

P.S.
Can someone make a trailer for my book please? I will follow them immediately. Please let me know if interested.