Chapter 12 " You don't have a boyfriend? "

Sophie's POV

By the time I was done arranging all the files and their contents correctly, I was starving. I reached for my phone which was on my desk to check the time.

12:17

Lunch time is from 12:00 to 1:30.
So i decided to go out for lunch.

I grabbed my purse and placed my phone inside it and was about to leave when there was a knock on the door.

Who could it be?

"Come in" i answered.

The door opened revealing Claire.
She smiled looking at me and asked,

"Hey are you done? "

"Yeah, I was just grabbing my things to leave" I said.

"Do you wanna catch some lunch? There is this nice little restaurant just on the other side..."

I smiled widely at the thought that I won't have to be alone.

Smiling, I answered

"Sure"

We left my office and headed straight to the elevator. After reaching the reception area, we went outside.
It is mid july and the weather outside wasn't sunny at all. The clouds were covering the sun completely.

Looks like its going to rain...

We crossed the and after walking for a little while, a cute diner came into my view. From what I can see through the glass window, it looked pretty cozy.

"That's the one" ,Claire said,referring to the diner.

We enter the diner and it indeed was very cozy. It wasn't packed but still had a good amount of customers though. I took a seat in a booth by the window side. Claire sat in front of me.

"It's really nice and cozy" I said.

She smiled in return and said that she comes here often to have lunch since it is really close to our office building.

A waitress arrived, she looked like she was still in high school. She gave us our menus and smiled,

"Hi, I will be your waitress for today. What would you like to order?"

After writing down our orders she left saying she'll be back with our orders when ready.

After the waitress left, Claire turned towards me and asked,

"So..how is your first day going?"

I groaned softly thinking about all the work I have.

I still need to update those files.

"Too much work. The previous assistant obviously wasn't doing any good to Alexander. No wonder she was fired."

She chuckled hearing that.

"That's why he fired her. His work is his priority. He knew that girl was interested in warming his bed than doing actual work."

We talked for some more time. I also told her about myself. I told her that i was from Boston and lived with my grandma and decided to settle here after her death.

She told me she had been working in this company for around two years. She actually lives with her family and has an older brother.

I also learned a lot of things about my boss aka Mr. Hotness.

Apparently, he is a "manwhore", not my, Claire's words. He doesn't even remember the girl's name who he just screwed, let alone do relationships. He is sinfully gorgeous, true, but the only thing he can give a woman is a broken heart.

"So you have a boyfriend or someone you got your eyes on?"
She asked with a mischievous smile playing across her lips.

I smiled at her enthusiasm and answered,

"No. I've never been in a relationship."

Her eyes widened like saucers and and her mouth was wide open like she couldn't believe a single word I said.

I laughed a little at her reaction, pulling her back to reality.

"You never had a boyfriends? Like never? Have seen yourself? Anyone would want to date you! And here you are, never even had a boyfriend. Why?!"

I just shrugged and smiled.

She just sighed , seeing i wasn't really interested and enthusiasticabout having a boyfriend like her.

I didn't want to rush into things. I wasn't in a hurry to have a boyfriend. I just wanted to let nature play it's roll and make it happen.

What would he be like?

Like Mr. Hotness...

I shook my head slightly to get rid of those delusional thoughts and turned my attention back to Claire.

After we were finished with our lunch, we payed for it left to get to our office.

Reaching at her reception area, we exchanged numbers and decide to meet sometime outside of the office. then she went back to her work as i went back to my new cabin and resumed to my work.

AN:
Hello my readers,
I just want to thank all of you for the reads and votes.❤❤❤

Also,tell me what is your favourite book (completed) out there in wattpad??

Mine is "teaching Mia" by MCRomances.

Love,
Sharmishtha.