Chapter 6 "It's Him"

Sophie's POV

Monday arrived sooner than I expected. Right now I'm trying to decide what to wear for the interview.

Something formal but it should look good as well.
It's not like my closet is full of clothes but it has enough for me. I'm not a fan of shopping. I'm happy with what I have.

After deciding what to wear, I changed into them.
I decided to wear white fitted t shirt with a leather skit and knee high boots.

I let my hair loose and applied minimum make up. After that I made some coffee for myself . I grabbed my purse and phone along with the other things that I needed for the interview.

I locked my apartment and went down to hail a cab. It is 8:22 right now, and the interview will be starting at 9:00 so i will make it in time, i thought. While i was sitting in the backseat of the cab, my thoughts started to wander back to the man i bumped into a few days ago. I was not able to get rid of his impossibly handsome face. His aura screamed confidence and power. I bet he has dozens of girls hanging around his neck. I mean it IS really hard to resit someone who looks like THAT.

I was so lost in my own world that i didn't realize that the cab has reached its destination. I payed the driver and got out of the cab. I looked at my wrist watch and saw it it was 8:52. My jaw literally dropped to the floor as i took in the sight in front of me.

Wow... just wow

In front of stood probably the tallest building i have ever seen in my entire 24 years of existence with big glass windows. In big bold letters were written the word "RIVER CORPORATION". It was beautiful.

I entered the building and there was a sudden change in my surroundings. People were everywhere working actively. The sound of heels clicking, people murmuring, all this was happening all at once.

I went to the receptionist in front to ask her about where the interview was being held. She was busy answering a call and I had to wait. After she was done, I asked her,

"Excuse me, can you tell me in which floor the interview for the new PA is being held?"

She scoffed looking at me,

"40th floor"

She answered me quite rudely.
I decide to ignore her behavior and smiled , murmuring a small thanks.

I took the elevator and it was packed. Everyone here was so fashionable. Girls were wearing skirts that did nearly nothing to hide their long legs and shirts so tight that I was afraid that the buttons will fly open any moment hitting someone in the eyes.

Men were perfectly dressed in khakhi pants along with shirts and ties. Some were wearing suits also.

I reached the 40th floor and it had only 2 offices along with a reception area where at least 15 girls were waiting for the interview to start along with me.

All of the girls here were so pretty but didn't seem friendly. There were these two girls that were openly trying to insult each other indirectly.

"I an sure I'll get the job." Said the blonde.

"I think someone pretty will get it so why are you wasting your time?" Said the other.

There was a girl in reception who just rolled her eyes at their childishness.

Suddenly the phone in the reception area started ringing. The receptionist answered it. After ending the call she started calling names and the interview started. I began to grow nervous.

I watched girls come and go. All of them entered the cabin with their best smile but when they came back it was replaced with either a frown or a scowl. It didn't help my nervousness.

After about 30 minutes my name was called. I too a calm breath and stood up and dusted my skirt.

I walked up to the cabin in which all the previous girls went to.

Alexander Rivera
CEO, River Corp.

It was written on the name plate in big cursive golden letters.

My nervousness kicked in and my palms started getting sweaty.I took a deep breath to calm my nerves down. I softly knocked on the door and came a deep voice from the other side, "come in".

I placed my hand on the door knob and twisted it. I entered the office and the first thing I saw was a big ...no HUGE glass window with a beautiful view of New York. The office was quite big. On my right sat a set of big brown leather couches with a glass coffee table in the middle.
On my left side , there is a big shelf with various books and files in it.

In front of the window, there is wooden desk with a laptop and some files in it along with some other things. There was a big black leather office chair behind the desk.

He was sitting in the chair and His back was turned to me as he was look
Outside the window.

I was nervous but also curios to see his face.

As if hearing my thoughts , he turned around.

"Good morn-"

I started staying but as soon as I saw him, my words got stuck in my throat. My green eyes stared into his brown ones. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

He is the guy from the coffee shop...

Was shocked and I'm sure my expression said it all. He looked equally shocked.

A few moments passed and we just stared into each other's eyes. I was the first one to look away not able to stare at his beautiful face any longer without melting a little bit inside.

It's him...