Bonus chapter "First Glance"

Jackson's POV

"Yeah...alright bye."

I just finished talking to my brother when i realized that it was almost lunch break. I remembered that I also asked Sophie to have lunch with me.

It's been a month since she started working here and we became good friends. She is a really kind hearted and innocent girl.
She is also very naive.

A few weeks ago, when Sophie came in my department, Clark, my office colleague tried to flirt with her.

Clark was in his late thirties,  was married once but divorced now because of his reputation with ladies. He seems to hit on anything wearing a skirt.

Lookong at Sophie definitely didn't help his case. He was giving her seductive looks and flirty smiles from the moment she entered the floor. If you ask me, he horribly failed at that.

He just looked constipated.

He even used some terrible pick up lines but Sophie missed on ALL those hints.

It was so obvious that he was flirting with her but Sophie responded to his terrible flirting attempts with a concerned look and asked if he was okay. She said he looked like was sick by the way his face was contorting.

If she only he knew that he was trying to impress her.

Some nearby people chuckled as Clark made a fool out of himself while I just attempted to hide my laughter  by a cough.
Just like Clark flirting skills, my attempt to hide my laughter was a total fail.

Clark stood there, red with embarrassment and left the place, but not before throwing a harsh glare my way. I just laughed it off.

You need to work on your flirting game, buddy.

Sophie just stood there as confused as ever.
"Did I say something wrong?" She asked looking at me innocently.

Oh God...

Everything about her screams innocence and positivity. That's one of the first things I noticed about her when I first met her. I couldn't believe she was the new assistant of Alexander. That guy literally spares no one when it comes to his company. He is unbelievably rude and arrogant and most definitely a ladies man.

I was little doubtful at first thinking if it's right for a girl like Sophie to work for him. But I guess it is okay since I never heard her complaining about her work or her boss.

We've become really good friends. She's new in the city so she doesn't have many friends. I really like her but in a different sense. Like a friend only.

I moved towards the elevator and pressed the button to the top floor where Alexander's and Sophie's offices are located. I've never really been there since I never had anything to do with the CEO or his assistant.

The first thing I noticed after reaching the floor was the the big glass window on one side of the big reception area. There was big lounge area and a reception desk. I was moving towards the lounge are when something caught my eye.

Or rather someone.

She was sitting behind the reception desk, working on her computer. It was lunch break and Her earphones were plugged in so maybe she didn't hear me coming.

She was wearing a light purple shirt which fitted her perfectly. I couldn't see what she was wearing with the shirt since she was sitting. Her hair was in high ponytail and dark brown in colour and slightly wavy. Her makeup was subtle.

She was really beautiful...

Without realising I started moving towards her. She still didn't notice me so leaned over her desk and that's when she noticed me.
I was very close to her face.
She looked bewildered upon seeing me so close and I just smiled looking at he.
Her eyes were very big and deep.
They were dark brown in color. They reminded me of dark chocolate.

I love dark chocolate...

"Hey there"

She blinked a few times before she cleared her throat and said,

"Hi"

"So what are you doing here alone? It's lunch break right?"

She looked down and was answering but my attention moved towards the lock of her hair that escaped from behind her ears and fell upon her face.

Without realising what was happening, my hands moved on their own accord and gently tucked her hair behind her ears. It just felt natural. Her hair was very smooth and soft.

I liked the feel of them.

She looked at me and there was a sudden rush of heat to her face. I smirked looking at her.

"What's your name?"

"Claire" It was a soft whisper.

"I'm Jackson "

She just looked at me and asked,

"What are you doing here?"

I just smirked slightly and replied,

"I was here waiting for a friend when a certain hot girl caught my attention."

She blushed a deep red realising I was talking about her since there was no other girl here. To tease her a little more, i added in a whisper,

"By the way, she's a brunette and has these big beautiful brown eyes."

If it was even possible, she blushed harder.

That's when we heard footsteps coming our way. We both looked towards it.

It was Sophie.

AN:

Bonus chapter because we reached 50k reads!!!

       DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!