Chapter 28 "Dealing with feelings"

Sophie's POV

By the time we reached the club, it was really late at night already.  Almost around ten.

The place looked really dark as all the nearby shops were already closed by this time. The only light available was from the colourful neon lights that was outside the club. There was 'Nightlife' written just above the entrance of the club in big bold pink neon lights.

The first thing that I noticed was Claire. She was wearing a black dress which ended just a little bit above her knees. It hugged her figure perfectly and also had a sweetheart neckline. The dress probably had some glitter work on it as it was shimmering in the light provided by the club. Her hair was half tied up in a ponytail while the other half was let down. She looked really beautiful.

But right now, she looked furious. I looked at the person who was on the receiving end of her wrath and sure enough, it was none other than Jackson.

Claire was glaring and cursing at him while he just stood there smiling and teasing her.

Maybe even provoking her.

Knowing Jackson, I was sure he was enjoying this too much.

I walked towards them and as if sensing my presence, Claire turned towards me.

And oh boy, did she look angry.

She looked at me and asked while pointing her index finger straight at Jackson,

"What is he doing here?"

She spoke through greeted teeth. She was breathing heavily, like she was trying to calm herself down.

"I...uh...invited him. I forgot to tell you?"
I answered somewhat nervously and it came out more like a question.

Damn.

Claire can be scary when she wants to be.

She looked at me shocked and asked in disbelieving tone,

"How can you forget to tell me this headcase is also gonna tag along with us?"

"Ouch. You hurt my feelings sweetheart." Jackson replied while wiping some fake tears.

Claire just glared at him and made a annoyed face looking at him. She was about say more when I interrupted, trying to stop their banter,

"Guys, meet Daniel. He's my new next door neighbour and my friend."

"Hey"

"Sup, man."

Claire looked at Daniel and just smiled while Jackson gave him an acknowledging nod.

Then Daniel said,

"That shirt looks cute on you by the way."

Jackson looked at Daniel somewhat shocked and then looked at his shirt. He raised his head and just raised a questing eyebrow while Claire burst out laughing.

I also laughed looking at Jackson's expression as he finally understood the whole situation and his neck slightly turned pink but that surely didn't go unnoticed by Claire, as she smirked noticing it.

Daniel was the one to break the silence as he screamed,

"Let's get inside, guys! Because I'm really thirsty. And trust me, I don't want water."

We entered the club and there was this narrow passage filled with neon lights, through which we had to pass to get to the main club.

Everything was really dark inside except for the colourful lights that were glowing throughout the dance floor. There was bar in the left side with two bartenders. In the back there was the DJ playing Unforgettable by French Montana Remix while people were dancing or jumping or grinding on each other to the beat of the music. The music was really loud and I could feel the ground vibrate underneath me. I think I even saw a couple making out in the corner. There were also a few couches in the corner for V.I.P.