Chapter 22 "His Assistant"

Sophie's POV

After the whole incident with Hotness, I just went quietly to my office, still confused by his behaviour.

Why did he behave like that?

I don't know many things about guys but I know him enough to know that it wasn't his normal behaviour. It really wasn't my intention to upset him.

The rest of the day went as usual. I spent the whole day in my office, working. I didn't see Alex for the whole day. He emailed me all the work and important things he needed me to know and it really didn't sit well with me because usually he would call me to his office or tell me personally about these things. I really felt bad for for making him angry.

Maybe I should have informed him...

It was very long day and I was so happy to know that I could go back home now. I quickly grabbed my things and made my way towards the elevator. I was leaving when eyes turned towards the door to his office. The lights were still on so I assume he is still there, probably overworking overworking again.

He had a really busy schedule today. I know he would be really fired right now.

Without thinking, I started heading towards his office and knocked. It took him a few moments to answer and when I was about to leave, came his voice from the other side of the door, "come in".

I slowly turned the doorknob and pushed the door open. He was sitting behind his desk. His head was leaned on the back of the chair and his eyes were closed when I walked in. He opened his eyes to see who came but again closed his eyes as he realized it was just me.

I took this time to really look at him. His hair was messy like he was running his fingers through them. His stubble was just like he kept it. His suit was sprawled across one of the chairs front of his desk. He was wearing a sky blue shirt that gave me a DELIGHTFUL view of his muscles. The sleeves were rolled up and wrinkled a little but it all just added to the look.

How can someone manage to look so perfect even after an entire day working?

So hot!

And just like that, all the rational thoughts left my mind. I couldn't control myself.

My legs, having a mind of their own, started moving towards where he was sitting. I crossed the desk and stood near his chair while looked at me, a dark look on his handsome face.

I couldn't control how how my body was behaving. Maybe it was the way he was looking at me. His lips looked really plump and they were just calling me to touch them with my own. Before he could say something, I held his jaw gently with my hand and grabbed his collar with other hand and lowered my face smash my lips to his in a very passio-

"Do you need something or are just going to stand there ?"

I was interrupted from my daydreaming session by his stern voice.

More like day fantasising. I thought.

I looked at him and his eyes were open and looking straight at me already. Oh god, this must be so embarrassing. My boss caught me fantasising about him. He probabaly doesn't know what I was thinking but I'm not sure if my expressions gave it away.

He raised a questioning eyebrow looking at me, while he waited for my answer. And just like that, all the confidence I felt while entering his office left when I remembered why I was here in the first place and I became extremely nervous.

"I was just leaving and I saw the lights of your office were on so I came to check."

He kept staring at me with an unreadable expression so I continued.

"It's late, you should go home. Besides you had a really busy schedule today so you must be tired. Don't take so much pressure, you should take rest."
I told him softly.

His eyes softened visibly but he closed his eyes suddenly and muttered something inaudible. When he opened his eyes, they held no emotions.

Blank.

I don't why but I felt a twinge of hurt swell in my hurt at the thought of him ignoring me. I really don't like it when he's upset with me.

"Well, you don't need to care about my health. You are just an assistant."

His cold tone and the harsh words made me flinch visibly. I couldn't understand why he was acting so cold towards me? He won't even tell what I did wrong.
I was really hurt and I could feel the tears threatening to escape. I just like any other assistant to him. I don't even know what I wanted to be to him.

Then Why does it hurt so bad to hear him say this?

I couldn't just stand there and hear him. Also I didn't want him to see me cry and feel bad for just telling the truth.

I looked at him through my blurry vision. I couldn't quite see his face clearly because of the tears but he definitely was looking at me.

I muttered a quite 'sorry' and exited his office as fast as I my heels allowed me to.

I quickly entered the elevator and and left the office building with one thing on my mind,

I'm just his assistant...

AN:
How do you guys like this chapter??

     PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT