Chapter 25 "Apology"

Alexander's POV

I decided to start off by first apologising to Sophie for my harsh words. I already feel like the meanest person in the whole wide world for hurting her and making her cry. I can only imagine how humiliating it must have been to her. The tears in those eyes and the unbelievable amount of hurt they held really pierced my heart to the core. And I hate to be the reason for them.

I took a long shower to calm my nerves and then trimmed my stubble just the way I liked it. After the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to the closet to change. I decided to wear a pair of blue faded jeans along with a grey t shirt that matched with it perfectly.

I left my house and grabbed the car keys in the way. I got to my garage and entered my car and started to drive towards Sophie's apartment where I dropped her a few weeks ago.

While driving, a small flower shop caught my eye. It was small but looked really warm and welcoming. I parked near the shop and walked towards it. There were many flowers outside the shop and it had a really big glass window and framed in black colour. I entered the shop and instantly overwhelmed by the sweet smell of different flowers. It looked really vibrant due to all the different colours. I was just roaming around the shop when a guy came out of some room in the shop which I failed to notice before, holding a small pot of flower. He didn't notice me at first.

"Oh hey, how can I help you?" He asked smiling when he noticed me, while placing the plant in a nearby table.

He was wearing a light pink shirt and and jeans and an dark blue apron above it. He looked like he was in college. Maybe he was working here as a part time job.

I smiled at him and said,

"I want to buy flowers."

I decided to buy some flowers for Sophie. I hope she'll like them.

He smiled at me said.
"Sure. We have many flowers here. Come here."

He motioned me to follow him and led me towards the opposite side of the store. He started showing me different kinds of flowers and bouquets. Daisies, marigold, lilies, tulips etc. But none of them caught my eyes. The ones he was showing were all too bright with smell too sweet. None of them defined Sophie.

Adam, I learned his name later, asked curiously,
"Who are you buying these flowers for?"

I stood still for a moment hearing his question and wondered.

What is Sophie to me?

I didn't find any label to give her. She was obviously so much more than my assistant and definitely not just a friend. But then again, she was not mine. So I decided to answer him honestly.

"Someone special. "

I couldn't keep myself from smiling while saying this.
He smiled knowingly at me and there was this certain glint in his eyes when he said,

"I think I know what you need, mate."

He disappeared into the room where he came from and left me standing. A few moments later he returned with some pink and white Rose buds. They looked really fresh and had mild fragrance in them. The baby pink coloured roses complimented well with the white ones. Moreover, the pink reminded me of Sophie's when she blushed. That's when I knew that I found the perfect ones.

I smiled brightly at Adam and said,
"It's perfect. I would buy these."

Adam looked proud at his own choice and smiled at me then started to pack the roses. He cut the excess stem and thorns and added some leaves and finally wrapped all these in baby pink wrapper to make the perfect bouquet for Sophie. The end result looked pretty good and I was happy with it.