Sixteen

Theater practice was over about an hour ago. Ong was waiting in Daniel's car because Daniel left something inside the theater room. It was his black rosy hoodie.

Earlier during practice, Daniel told him that he wanted to buy a few things. Ong thought it was weird since they went groceries shopping a week ago and he barely stayed home. But it didn't really questioned Ong that much, so he decided to just let it be.

Daniel hopped inside the car not long after that and gave a smile for Ong, Ong smiled back.

"She's getting married, you don't look happy," Ong stated as he placed the key in the keyhole.

Daniel's mind thought it was supposed to make Daniel happy but it failed. It didn't work. Daniel couldn't do anything to stop his family from continuing the wedding. He was stuck with opinions from his family and their feelings.

"Don't say that, I am happy," Daniel nervously admitted. But to Daniel, it wasn't true and it wasn't close to a positive feeling.

"Alright, if you say so," Ong stated plainly. Daniel didn't even bother to answer.

The car rides they had was always loud and filled with cheerful melodies but somehow this time, it was different. Silence filled in the air and no one bother to say a word. Daniel was sitting next to the driver's seat. He hid his fingers in his long-sleeved shirt. Ong watched him as he laid his head on the window of the car. He didn't talk. He stared blankly on the empty road probably thinking.

Ong let out a small sigh and focus back to his driving. It was weird. Ong knew that something was up just by looking at Daniel's body language, his hand gestures and the way he talks. It was disappointing Ong much more realizing that Daniel wasn't telling him.

The silence somehow grew much more. No one was talking and not even the radio was turned on. Ong wanted to say something but it was pointless after thinking back how Daniel didn't bother to reply him. Their conversation were like messages. Scared to start first and scared to be the last one hanging. Ong wanted to stop the car and asked him what was wrong but he couldn't. He just couldn't do that.

With silence in the air, they reached the mall. Both of them entered the mall as the coldness of the air-condition brushed along their skin. Daniel lead the way while Ong quietly followed. Ong watched him as he took the basket then picked up some food and picked another one.

After an hour of not completely talking, Daniel finally spoke. "Do I need this?" He asked as he held two packets of gummy worms.

Ong nodded because he knew that Daniel love those things.

"You do," Ong answered shortly. Daniel nodded too and threw it in his cart.

Daniel then moved to the hygiene section, he picked a small bottle of soap, shampoo, and a small tube of toothpaste.

"You look like you're about to move out," Ong teased as Daniel was busy choosing the best product.

"I don't know, I want my things fresh," He replied as he gave Ong a heartwarming smile. Ong softly answered 'okay'.

Ong then wandered around the next section as Daniel was busy picking up his stuff. He looked over here and there, not knowing what to do since Daniel looked like he doesn't want to talk to Ong.

Ong then found two boys walking together and they looked cute being together.

"Jihoon, you should stop leaving me," the boy who was slightly taller said, the shorter one laughed.

"you're just too slow Jinyoung," The shorter one replied. Ong chuckled.

"Cute," Ong whispered to himself.

"What's cute?" Daniel who suddenly appeared whispered to Ong's ear.

"Geez Daniel," Ong said, Daniel laughed.

"I think I'm done," Daniel stated and started walking to the counter to pay.

Daniel then started walking with plastic bags in his hands to another place. Ong silently followed. It was certainly weird to see how Daniel wasn't being himself.

Daniel continued leading the way, Ong doesn't have any ideas so he casually followed him again. Daniel led him to a bakery and took a seat in the provided seats. Ong didn't say a word but he waited and waited when suddenly a small note slide in front of him.

Ong took it and read the scribbled letters.

'I'm Sorry' was written.

Before Ong could raise up his chin, Daniel was already standing as he gave a soft peck on Ong's forehead.

"A peck because I'm sorry,"

***********************
A/N: thaaaaaaannnkkk you for 7k, let's continue this together til the last chapter. I love you and I hope you enjoy this my beautiful precious readers. Stay tuned for more updates! -t