Twenty

Ong wasn't really the type of guy who shred tears, even in plays, it wasn't easy for him to cry but this time, he cried hard. So hard that he felt like everything was falling apart. He had no idea where Daniel was and he doesn't even know why Daniel left him.

With tears welled up in his eyes, he stood up from his seat and wandered back again. Then thoughts finally popped in his head.

It was true after all, the dreams and uneasiness feelings he had all these times, it was telling the truth. The date, the hugs, and everything, it has double meanings. But he was just too narrow-minded to think about it. He finally realized that it made sense that every time Daniel did something, another meaning was behind it.

Then what we had wasn't real ?

Even though that thought popped in his head a lot but he always brushed it off his head. Not wanting that topic to come. He stood up again adjusting his position to stand properly. He wiped the tears on his pale rosy cheeks and went to the guest room that Daniel let him stayed over.

Ong pushed the door slowly and peeked inside the room. It was still the same but just without furniture. The paintings on the walls, the curtains hanging on the window, and the fluffy white-colored rug on the floor were all removed. It used to be a peaceful comfortable room but all that was left now was just an empty space.

He gently pushed the door and entered. Daniel's scent was still there, filling up the air of the room but he wasn't there. Ong didn't know what to do. He doesn't know whether he should say something to Daniel or just forget it. Ong moves around as his fingers softly touched the empty walls. On the wooden floor that Daniel has, he saw a piece of cloth. Ong walked towards it and held it tightly in his hands. His heart ached a little. From the texture, the size and the colors, Ong could tell that it was the shirt that Daniel let him borrowed.

The shirt that started everything. The shirt that was too big for Ong. The shirt that made their relationship become closer, the shirt that made Daniel came to Ong when the towel suddenly got stuck on the buttons and the shirt where everything started.

With pain hitting his emotions deep down, he took the keys, the shirt and walked home. Ong's journey was filled with silence as he kept on thinking where could Daniel go. He felt like his heart was ripped out from his chest. He was indeed disappointed with Daniel but he couldn't do anything. He left and it's late for Ong to stop him, in fact it was too late.

Ong sighed as he entered his house. With tired trembling knees, and heavy eyelids, he went straight to his room. He laid on his bed thinking and thinking when suddenly he somehow started sobbing.

He wasn't sure. The tears from his eyes kept on wetting his cheeks. He reached the point where he cried until he couldn't breathe. Where thick mucus blocked his breathing and the crying that gave him dizziness. The tears streamed down like rainfalls coming to create floods. His tears wet up the bed sheet but he didn't care. Nothing else mattered, except for his poor fragile heart that was slowly breaking pieces by pieces.

"No, no," he hiccuped as he wiped off the tears and swallowed hard. He stared on the ceiling as the wind from his fan brushed against his skin. Drying up his tears.

"I will not cry again," he said between his sobs. But that was a lie, the tears wasn't even close to stopping. It was continuously streaming down.

"I... shouldn't..cry," he whispered in frustration. He wanted to scream but it wasn't healing him. It felt like he entered a dark hole of sadness with a never ending journey.

The feeling deep down in his chest was truly painful. It felt like everything changed when the only thing changed was the presence of a person. Then it finally hit him, he never knew how much a person could effect his whole entire life.

Ong wiped his tears again and tucked his hands underneath his pillow when he felt like...

A piece of paper.

What is this?

He took it out and true, it was a piece of paper that was folded in three. Then a small sentence scribbled on top that says, 'To: Ong'.

Ong adjusted his breathing as his heart felt like dropping again.

Why are you doing this to me, Daniel?

*********************

A/N: pls don't hate me.