Chapter 6

Just as I was about to say something back Lizzie came over and said,"What's going on over here?" "This little troll came up and started saying how she hated you and you're outfit. Oh wait that's me." "Come on, let's just go." I said as I turn to leave but Lizzie stopped me. Then Alex came over and said,"Hey, what's up?" and gave me a kiss on the check and put his arm around me. Then here comes Luke. "Hey sis, Whit." "Alex, why are you hanging around these two hoes?" "Well, Jasmine,she is my sister, and Lizzie is my cousin." "Hahaha! That's funny. You almost got me." "Jasmine, I'm not kidding they are my family." "But how can you be one of them, when you are pretty much the only one was is mature?" "Well if I was mature would I do this?" Then Alex grabbed this girls bowl, which was filled with mystery meat, and poured it all over 'Jasmine's shirt. "I can't believe you just did that!!" she screamed. "Yea well don't talk about my family." he said as he put his arm around me again and led me to the table they were sitting at. "That was mean." I finally said. "Yea? Well so was she." Lizzie said,"and what she did and said to you was mean." "Yea she deserved it." Alex said. "When you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us." Luke said. "Thanks for having my back guys." "No prob."

After school

"Hey do you know where Whit is?" Alex asked. "No why?" Lizzie replied. "Cause I told her to meet us here." "Well I haven't seen her." "Hey guys." Luke said. "Hey do you know where Whit is?" Alex asked. "Yea why?" "Well where is she?" "Practice, where else?" "Wait what? Practice? She didn't say she had practice, besides it's her first day here." "Don't ask me." With a sigh Alex said,"Let's go find her, best place to look would be the gym." "There she is!" Luke shouted, pointing at me. "Ok ladies let's take a break." coach said as I went and grabbed a powerade from my locker and jogged over to where they were. "Hey guys." "Hey, why didn't you tell us you had practice." Alex said. "I don't....oh this isn't practice this is tryouts." "Well still you could have told us." "I know and I'm sorry. This was a last minute thing." "It's fine,but you know what today is?" "Tuesday, why? Oh shoot! I forgot! Oh man. Ok um ok look um tryouts will be just a few more minutes and then we can go, ok?" "Fine we will just wait here." "Ok."

20 minutes later

"Finally!!" Luke said. "Sorry coach wanted to tell us who made the team and who didn't. Then she said that tomorrow we would give out positions." "Awesome, so did you make it?" Lizzie said. "Oh yea I did." "That's great!" Alex said,"Let's celebrate." "Maybe later we have to go home, remember?" Lizzie said. "Oh yea I forgot again!" "Don't worry bout it." Luke said as we got in the vehicle and went home.

At home

"Hey Mamaw, papaw, we're home." Alex shouted as he went into the kitchen. "How was your day?" papaw asked from the kitchen. "Sorry we're late papaw, I had try.....outs." I said as I went into the kitchen and saw my mom sitting at the table. I just stood there. Then she got up and said,"My sweet little girl, all grown up." And she gave me a hug. I don't know why but I hugged her back. Then I went upstairs to change clothes and when I came back supper was ready.

After supper, I helped clean up the dishes, then went to feed the animals. "I'll come with you." my mother said. "Ok." When I started feeding the chickens she said,"My my my. You have a lot of responsibility." "I'll learning to be independent." "Ah yes. You wanna know a little secret?" "Sure." "It was your fault that you and your brothers were separated." "Wait what? My fault!? If you hadn't gotten drunk none of this would have happened!" "If you hadn't kept me up all night with your crying I wouldn't have gotten drunk and I wouldn't have gotten fired! But it was your fault! You just kept crying and wouldn't go to sleep!" "Well if you had been a better mother..." "SHUT UP!! Jus shut the heck up! You ungrateful little Bitc-!" She yelled as she slapped me 3 times and pushed me to the ground. When I looked up at her, her face was red like a tomato. Then I felt something roll down my cheek. That's when I noticed my cheek was cut where she had slapped me. Trying my best not to cry I got Nancy. I could hear my mother calling me every name in the book as I rode off. When I got to the flea market I made Nancy jump over the fence where she could be in the field and eat grass. As I sat on the ground I started crying. 'Was it really my fault?' I thought as I got up and ran into a girl. "Ow!" we both said. The girl was my height, had blonde hair, green eyes. She was wearing shorts a t-shirt and flip-flops. "I'm sorry." I said. "It's ok, are you all right?" "Yea why?" "Cause you look like you have been crying and like you got hit with a bus, no offense." I laughed and said,"Yea just some family problems and yea I know I look horrible." "Oh ok well you wanna come to my house?" "Um you don't know me that well and you're inviting me to your house?" "Well yea, you look like you like to get away for a couple days or something, and my name's Michaela by the way." "Whitney and I would love to get away." "Well my house is not too far from here, we can take the 4-wheeler home, since everyone else left me." "They left you here? And whose 'they' If you don't mind my asking." "Yea and 'they' is my mom,dad, my two sisters, and my sister's fiancé." "Oh ok awesome." "Yea. You ready to go?" "Sure." I said as I followed her to the 4-wheeler and went to her house. When we got across the road from her house I noticed that she had a mile long drive-way. She parked the 4-wheeler and got off. I followed her into the living room then down a hall and to the left. When I walked in the room was painted turquoise and had pictures of famous people on her wall. "Well this is my room, the one next door is my sister Shelby's. But hers is off limits!" I nodded and she gave me a tour of the house. "This is my family. This is my mom, her name is Belinda. That's my dad and his name is Michael. This is my oldest sister Dallas, but she lives in New York. This is Kaitlyn. She is getting married to Jacob. And this is Shelby." "Hi, nice to meet all of you." "Same to you, would you join us for dinner?" "Um sure, but I just ate, but I would still like to join y'all." I said and then about 15 minutes later, they were eating dinner. "So tell us about yourself, Whitney." "Ok well um I'm 16, I had lived with my Grandma for the past 8 years, I think. I have two older brothers named Jamie and Alex. And now I go to the high school and I live with my other grandparents." "Ok tell us about your mom." I felt like I had just been stabbed in the back or something. "Um I know nothing about her. When we were little she came home drunk and hit me and my brother Alex. We were separated and when I was like 8 or so I lived with my grandma. Then a couple weeks ago they found me and suggested that I lived here with them. And here I am."