Chapter 31

The next morning when I woke up I saw Liam still sleeping. I smiled as I kissed his forehead and went to the bathroom. I changed into some clothes to go to town and went downstairs. I found Jeremiah sitting at the bar eating some cereal. "Good morning." I said as I grabbed my car keys. "Good morning. Where are you going?" Jeremiah asked as he put his bowl in the sink. "To the grocery store. You wanna come with?" I replied. "Um, sure." he said as he followed me out the door.

Jeremiah's Pov: As I followed my step sister out the door, we got in the car and headed to the store. I wanted to ask alot of things, but I decided not to say anything. "What's wrong?" Whit asked me. "Huh? Oh just thinking things." I replied as I looked out the window. "Oh ok, well anything you wanna ask?" she said as she pulled onto the interstate. "So you mean to tell me that if I ask you something you will answer?" I said more liked asked. "Well, I will try to answer it the best I can. And if I don't know the answer then sorry." she said as she looked at me with her pretty eyes. "Ok, sounds fair." I said as I thought of what I would ask first. "Ok, well what is your first question?" she asked me. "How old are you?" I asked not really wanting to know. "16, you?" she replied not skipping a beat. "15." I replied as we pulled into the parking lot and I saw my friends. I smiled as I jumped out and went over to them, leaving Whit alone. After a few minutes she got out and went inside. "Hey guys, I'm gonna go inside, wanna come?" I asked them, and they said yea. So when we went inside I saw Whit grabbing stuff and putting them in the buggy. The guys and I started walking toward her when I saw a dude come up to her. "Hey sexy, you want your top back?" the guy asked her. "No I don't, Scott." she replied as she tried to push the buggy but he wouldn't move so she crossed her arms and gave him a death glare. "Why not? I kept it in case you decided to come over." 'Scott' said as he continued to hold the buggy. "Well, it now has Scott cooties, so I can buy another one. And why on earth would I come over to your house?" Whit said obviously. "Well you might wanna come to a party." he replied as he looked at her. "And by party you mean an excuse for you to try to hook up with me, then no." she said as she got another buggy and put the stuff in there. "What? I would never do that!" he said innocently. "Boy please, how dumb do you think I am?" she said as she went to another aisle and he followed. "Well, dumb enough to date that stupid pop star." he said as Whit stopped dead in her tracks, turned around and tried to slap him,but he grabbed her hand and just laughed. I could feel the anger inside me growing. I don't know why, considering I don't even know her that well! But she is my step sis whether I like it or not. "Let go of me Scott." Whitney said as she tried to break free of his grasp. "Oh now come on baby, don't be like that. Just dump that idiot and I will take you out to eat." Scott said as he pulled her closer to him. "Gee, let me think.... NO!! I love Liam and he is good to me. He treats me like a person, not a puppet or a slave or anything. He loves me for me." Whit said as she tried yet again to break free of his grasp but failed. "Oh please you actually fell for that crap? Wow you must be really dumb." He said as he pulled her to his face. 'I have had ENOUGH of this creep!!' my mind shouted as I ran forward to Scott and punched his left jaw as my friends stood behind me confused. "Leave her alone!" I shouted at him as he tried to get up. "Who the heck are you?" He asked standing up and looking down at me. "None of your business! Now leave her alone." I said as I put my arm around her and we went to finish getting the rest of the groceries. My friends followed, but didn't say anything. So when Whit was heading to the check out lane I went to chat with them before we left. After 10 minutes Whit was finally ready to go as she headed outside to put the groceries in the car. I said goodbye to my friends and got in the car. I was still angry at that dude, so I just stared out the window. "Thank you." Whit said softly. "Yea no prob." I said almost too quickly and regretted it when she let a depressed sigh. I was about to say something else but quickly shut it when we pulled into the driveway and she quickly got out, grabbed out the groceries and practically ran inside. I slightly cursed at myself and looked in the back seat to make sure she didn't leave anything, which she didn't. I got out of the car and slowly made my way to the house. I looked in the kitchen and all the groceries where put up. Dang the girl was fast! I saw Liam and Niall come in with some guys. They were all laughing until they saw me. "Hello! Do you have any carrots?" One of them asked me. "Uhhhh, I think Whit bought some at the store." I said raising my eyebrow. "Yay!!!" he shouted as he went to the fridge and got a carrot. The rest of them shook their heads and went to the table to play a game, while Niall went to look for food. Liam was shaking his head and he asked me,"Where's Whit?" I felt guilt come over me and I said softly,"I don't know." He stood there looking at me while the guys at the table stopped playing to look at what was being said, even Niall stopped eating. "Whitney!" Liam shouted as he went upstairs. The guys gave me death glares as they searched the entire house. Then Michaela came down and shouted,"What's with all this racket!?" they told her and she frowned. I guess wasn't the first time she had ran. After looking for her for 2 hours we stopped and sat on the couch to think. "We looked at the park." The one who asked me about carrots earlier. "We looked at Andrew's house." Niall said as he shot Michaela a look and she crossed her arms clearly mad. "Was she there?" Liam asked them. "No! But that stupid hoe Jenny was there." Michaela shouted. "She is mad cause Jenny called Whit a couple of things." Niall said as he gave Michaela and Liam a sympathetic smile. "Well at least I got to his her with my death bag." she said proudly. "Yea then backed out for an hour." Niall said shaking his heading laughing. "Hey! She deserved it." She said defensively while she muttered something about a hoe. "Where could she be?" The one with black hair asked.