Chapter 8

After we ate lunch I went to my 3rd block class which was Geometry. It was a little hard, but not that bad. So for 1st block I have with Lizzie. 2nd block Alex. 3rd I'm by myself and 4th with Luke. Then after school I have volleyball practice. 'Well only a couple more hours to go' I thought as I went to take my seat. "Hey." said a blonde headed boy. "Um hi." I said. "Name's Jaden." "Whitney." "Cool, so I was thinking, do you wanna grabbed something to eat after school?" "Um sure, but I have volleyball practice." "Oh ok then." I could hear the disappointment in his voice. "But it should ended around 4 or so maybe we can go then?" "Yea, I'd like that." he said as he went and took his seat and the teacher walked in. After 3rd block I went to the bathroom, then went to class. On the way there I noticed there was these two girls arguing. "Hey is everything ok?" I asked them. "No! Everything is not ok! She was rubbing all over my boyfriend!" the girl in the pink t-shirt said. "Oh please your boyfriend loves me way more than he ever loved you." "Um guys. Look it's just one guy and there's other fish in the sea." "Well I don't want to date a dang fish!"The one with the pink shirt shouted as she pulled the other girls hair. "Ok look let's not start a ruckus here ok?" "Shut the heck up!" the girl said as she slapped me. Stunned, I said,"Oh no you didn't hoedown!" And all three of us was slapping and hitting one another until the principal came with security and broke us apart. Not saying a word I started walking to the office until I heard the principal say,"Hey where are you going?" "Um to the office?" "Why?" "Isn't that where your office is?" "Ha! No, I have my own office." I just stood there. "We have another office. The one your talking about is the front office. We also have a back office, which is my office." "Oh!! Ok." "What you didn't know that?" the girl in the pink asked. "Not until now. I just moved here." "In the middle of the semester?" "That's why I said! But oh no that didn't stop my grandparents, nor my brothers." "Who are your brothers?" the principal asked. "Jamie and Alex Wiley." "Oh ok." "Ok listen up, since y'all wanted to start a fight you will spend all of 4th block together, helping clean the cafe." "Aw!" the other two girl said. It was fine with me as long as it didn't mess with my dinner plans for tonight and practice. After we finished cleaning the cafe, we could do whatever we wanted. So I headed to the library. I like to read books, it helped entertain me. After walking around the library for about 20 minutes a found a book. After the woman checked the book out for me I went and got on one of the laptops they had. After playing deal or no deal and who wants to be a millionaire 200 times, the bell rung for dismissal. I picked up my stuff and went to the gym to change clothes. After practice I saw Jaden and went over to where he was. "Hey." he said. "Hi." "You ready to go?" "Yep." I said smiling as he put his arm around me and he walked me to his truck. When we got into the student parking lot I saw Alex, Lizzie, and Luke. "Hey!" Alex shouted as he came over to where we was. "Hi." I said. "Where are you going?" "None of your business." Jaden said. "Dude step off." "Dude I will beat you down!" "Dude I'll beat the dude outta you!" "Guys! Look Alex we are just gonna go grabbed something to eat. Ok, that's it. I will be home later." I said as I got into Jaden's truck. Then Jaden got in, Alex walked away and we left. "Who was that?" Jaden asked. "That was one of my older brothers. Alex." "Oh ok. Hey I'm sorry I didn't know he was your brother." "It's fine." We drove around, until we pulled into a parking lot. "I think you will like this place." Jaden said as he got out and opened my door for me. "Thanks." I said giving him a little smile. "Your welcome." As we waited for a table, I was getting kind of nervous. This was my first date ever! When we got seated we gave our drink orders to the waiter and he went to get them. "So how old are you?" Jaden asked. "I just turned 16, what about you?" "17, July 1." "April 25." "Nice,um what's your favorite color?" "Um I like purple, green, orange, and a little bit of turquoise. You?" "Ah, I'm more of a red, blue kind of guy, but all colors are nice." "Yea." "Um what's your last name?" "Wiley, you?" "Kingson." "Nice." "Ha! Yea, tell me about your family." "Oh um ok. Well I just moved here to live with my brothers and our grandparents. But before I was living with my grandma." "Oh ok what about your mom and dad." "Well I never meet my dad, and my mom..well we were taken away from her, and she can only see us like 2 days a year or a month. I forgot which one it was." "Oh I'm so sorry I didn't know." "It's fine I don't mind." "Ok well if you don't mind me asking, why was y'all taken from her?" "Well when Alex and I was younger like 4 or 5 she came home drunk and hit us and got something and cut us with it. Jamie, my other brother saw what happened when he came home from school and told mamaw and papaw about it." "Oh ok I'm sorry." "It's fine, things happen for a reason." I said as I smiled. "How do you do it?" "Do what?" "How are you happy all the time? Even when we are talking about your past that was kind of harsh, you still manage to smile and be happy."