Chapter 20

Chapter 20

He took several steps toward me and I thought to myself,'If he takes one more step Ima be swinging!' as I glanced at his feet he sure enough took another step forward. I swung my broom aiming at the head but unfortunately he grabbed the broom and pulled me too him. "Now Whitney, don't do something foolish like your mother." I felt goosebumps run up my back as he said those three horrible words,'like your mother.' I grabbed my broom and started swinging at him. I managed to hit him several times and finally one good swing upside the head sent him falling to the ground. I quickly got my keys and went out to the car. I was crying and freaking out trying to put the keys in the ignition. When I finally got the car to start it started raining. Just as I was fixing to pull off the gate was locked. I quickly jumped out to unlock the gate when my dad came up behind me and tacked me to the ground. He then started hitting and slapping me till I was unconscious. The next morning when I woke up I felt something heavy on top of me. When I was able to focus I realized that I had no clothes on and my dad was on top of me sleeping. 'Oh my god!' I thought as I tried to get out from under him. "Where do you think you're going!?" he shouted as he grabbed me by the neck. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just wanted to get a shower cause I smell." I blurted out. "It's ok baby. You don't have to be scared" he said as he rubbed my cheek and added,"go take a shower and freshen up." I nodded ok as he let off me do I could get up. I went into the bathroom, looked into the mirror and saw that I had a huge bruise where he had slapped me last night. I realized there was a window and I had a bathrobe on a hook. Thanking god that he put those two useful things there I put on my bathrobe and climbed out the window. When I got on the ground I opened the fate and got in the car hoping that the keys where still in there. Thanking shod again I turned the car on and pedaled to the metal. I went to one persons house that I was hoping could help me. I pulled into Andrew's driveway and banged on the door till he answered. "Whitney?" Andrew asked as I ran to him. I started crying as he held me tight.Once I pulled away he invites me in and I told him everything. I just blurted most of the stuff out, but when it came to my dad, I didn't wanna say anything. Andrew kept sensing something was wrong, so when I told him he called the police. When the police came they went to my house and they came back 15 minutes later. One of the officers came inside and said,"Ma'am we didn't find anyone there." "Oh my god." I said as Andrew put his arm around me. "But we found this note so maybe we can track him down." the officer said as he showed me the note. I didn't touch it cause they might get my fingerprints instead of his. The note said,"I'm coming for you." I backed away filling very chilled. "Whitney, it's going to be fine. Everything is gonna be fine." Andrew said. "No it's not! Everything is not gonna be ok. First my mom now my dad....." I trailed off as Andrew gave me another hug. "Who is your mom?" the officer asked. "Katherine Wiley." I said as I pulled away. "Ok that might help us a bit in our research." I nodded ok as the officer said goodbye and left. "What are you gonna do?" Andrew asked. I thought for a moment and said,"I don't know. I honestly don't know." He nodded and said what was that place called again?" "Jamestown." "Oh ok." "Why?" "I couldn't remember the name since its been like 2 or 3 months since I last saw you." "Yea. Hey do you mind if I take a shower real quick?" "Um sure go ahead, but I don't have any clothes for you." "It's fine I will wear my robe." "Or I could go get you some from your house." "No, don't go over there. He still might be there. Or he came back other could be armed." "Well what do you suppose I go get clothes from?" I thought for a minuets and said,"Wal-Mart." He shook his said ok and I said,"Wait. I want something appropriate and simple. Just some shorts and a decent t-shirt." "Ok." Andrrew said as I told him what size to get and sent him on his way. I got a shower and when I got out there was some decent length shorts and a plain green t-shirt with a pack of underwear. Thankfully that he didn't forget those and that they fit I put my clothes on and went downstairs. "Hey." Andrew said as he saw me coming down the stairs. "Hey" I said as I noticed there was some Pizza Hut pizza on the counter. "You hungry?" "Try starving." "Haha when was the last time you ate?" "Breakfast yesterday." "Oh my god. Are you trying to starve yourself?!" "Haha no why?" "Cause you only ate one yesterday!! Have you done this before?" "Yea twice I think. Well this is my second time." "Whitney you can't do that it's unhealthy." "Well I'm fine, so don't worry." I said as I got some pizza. Then the door bell rung. "I'll get it." Andrew said hopping off the stool as I continues to eat my pizza. "Oh crap! Hey Andrew I have to go to work, I'll clean up later." I said as I got up and ran into the living room where Alex, Liam, Mimi, Niall, and Luke were standing. 'This isn't happening!' I thought to myself as I just stares at them like they were part of a dream or something but I knew they were real and I was in trouble.