Chapter Four

Feng Huang lifted Da Fan with ease off of his lap and onto the seat beside him.

"Stay here!" he ordered her and got off the carriage.

"Brother-In-Law?" a voice shouted.

Da Fan poked her head out the windows of the carriage to glimpse the man who called Feng Huang brother-in-law. The young man had nearly the same features as Cong Wei Yang and could be seen as her double.

"Cong Lu Zhang," Feng Huang replied, "What are you doing here?"

"Can't a brother visit his sister?" Noticing Da Fan's head peeking out the carriage window, his pants began to tighten. Da Fan was like a flower ripe for the picking. Da Fan was a succulent treat that no flower pants like Cong Lu Zhang could ignore.

Noticing Cong Zhang's blatant staring at his carriage, Feng Huang's eyes darkened when he saw who he was staring at.

"If you have visited your sister, then leave. Your carriage is blocking my way." Feng Huang strode through the gates of the Feng Mansion, ignoring Cong Lu Zhang and without getting back on the carriage.

Cong Lu Zhang licked his lips and watched as the carriage wheeled into the Feng Mansion, and the gates closing with a bang.

"So that's the little slut that sister was screaming about?"

_______________

Several days later, news that Feng Huang was coming to Da Fan's Courtyard had the servants in a frenzy.

Feng Huang had sent word via his steward, who Da Fan found to also be his guard Xin, to inform her of his arrival.

"Meirin," Da Fan sighed, "Who was that man?"

Knowing who Da Fan was referring to, she replied, "Cong Lu Zhang, Cong Wei Yang's brother. Do you need a detailed investigation on him?"

Da Fan nodded, sighing again as Meirin gently massaged her feet and helped to put her shoes on.

Feng Huang entered the inner hall of Da Fan's courtyard, waving away the servants' greetings as he passed them.

Entering the dining area, Feng Huang saw Da Fan sitting at a round wooden table awaiting his presence.

Feng Huang's eyes were fixated on his Second Wife. She was in a red wide-sleeved dress that would make most women seem seductive, yet with her, she was a breath of fresh air. So innocent, almost childlike. Feng Huang glanced away from the sight.

Da Fan stood up to greet Feng Huang. "Second Wife greets Husband."

"Wife." Feng Huang sat at the table, watching as Da Fan personally placed bowls of rice, tofu and strips of vegetables and chicken in front of him.

"Why isn't Wife eating?"

The corners of her lips jerked and Da Fan joined Feng Huang for dinner. Feng Huang nodded and felt his heart jump as the sweet scent of Da Fan by his side permeate his nose.

After the meal, Da Fan called the young maid, Suchin to clear away the dishes and serve tea. She watches as Suchin would sneak glimpses at Feng Huang and blush.

Such brave maid, coveting her Mistress Husband while in her presence.

"Serve the tea." Feng Huang ordered Suchin, frightening the maid to such a degree that she spilt the hot tea over Dan Fan's foot.

Crying out in pain Da Fan watch a small smile grace Suchin's mouth. Suchin dropped to her knees, bowing and crying, apologizing.

Feng Huang pushed the little maid out of the way and crouched in front of Da Fan.

"Get a wet cloth?" He shouted as Meirin ran to follow his orders.

After a quick treatment, Feng Huang lifts Da Fan up and walked to her loft placing Da Fan onto her bed.

"Rest and heal, I'll visit you another time.

"Feng Huang left her room, glancing briefly at Suchin who was still in the dining area. Suchin blushed when she noticed him. "Be careful next time otherwise accident or not, you will be punished.

Feng Huang strode out of Da Fan's courtyard not knowing he lit a fire inside he young maid's heart. A heart now adamant to win her master's love and attention.

Inside the courtyard Meirin looks at the young Meirin looked at Suchin who was blushing profusely.

"What are you waiting for? Clean this up!"

Suchin jumped and smile sinisterly at the back of the Meirin. Meirin went to Da Fan to check up on her."

"Mistress, that maid? That was no accident no matter how you put it."

Da Fan nodded rubbing a gel of Kuchen to ease the pain and redness. "Leave that maid to her own desires. She'll get her just dues, she bound to fail."

In that moment Meirin could see the awe and magnificence of mistress as the evening glow shined down on her.