Chapter Fifty-Three

"Brother?"

Feng Huang looked to the voice and immediately scowled. It's been a day since it was announced to the public of his new title. By the Emperor's plan, Feng Huang was inducted into the imperial family as a reward for saving the Emperor's life. Feng Huang's awarded the Prince's title and was to call the Emperor father and the Empress mother.

His name was changed to Jing Feng Huang; Jing for royalty and Feng for his father's house. Da Fan as usual was by Feng Huang's side. She had never seen her husband so out of character with another person.

"Geh! What are you doing here?"

Jing Bai placed a hand against his chest, a look of mock hurt appeared on his face. "After all I've done for you, this is how you treat me?"

Sounding like an abandoned wife or mistress, Jing Bai continued to lay his grievances upon Feng Huang's head.

Da Fan looked between the two. "Am I to take myself as a spurned wife, husband?"

Feng Huang looked horrified at the statement. "No, goodness no."

Jing Bai and Da Fan broke down in a fit of laughter, their eyes twinkled at the look of horror on Feng Huang's face.

"I am Jing Bai and you my dear?"

"My wife." Feng Huang interjected before Da Fan could speak. "Da Fan, let me introduce you. This is the third prince, General Jing Bai."

"Ah, the General Prince. Greetings Your Highness."

"Enough of those greetings. I just came to check upon my fifth brother."

Though Feng Huang was older than Jing Bai as he was conferred the Prince 's title he fell in line to that of the fifth prince.

A dong echoed in the room when Jing Bai decided to leave. He spent nearly an hour with Feng Huang and Da Fan keeping them happily entertained with laughter.

"I'll see you in court Feng Huang. This is the last leg of the race."

Jing Bai left the room and Da Fan turned to Feng Huang puzzled.

"In court? Feng Huang you're still injured."

"I have to be. Don't you want to see your husband officially crowned?"

Da Fan frowned at him, she was more concerned with him agitating his wound.

"I'll be in a wheelchair." Feng Huang said soothing her complaints. "Da Fan, I want you with me in court. I want you there by my side like you've always been. Will you be there Da Fan, my wife, my heart?"

"Always." Da Fan placed a kiss to Feng Huang's cheek. "Hurry up and get better husband. This wife wants a child."

The crowning of Feng Huang was met with jubilee. In the eyes of the public, Feng Huang's well deserving of the reward. He had brought to justice a corrupt Marquis, exposed a former prince's crimes, helped to stop a rebellion and saved the Emperor. Though some had their apprehension, to many there's no greater reward for such a mighty person.

Feng Huang was fully dressed to the part of a prince, he wore a red and black changshan while Da Fan wore a red and gold qipao. Feng Huang had no idea how he and Jing Long would hide their similarities but he had no fear. He can, after this ceremony officially call Jing Long his brother with no need to hide.

This ceremony was a conjoined one, it's to reward Feng Huang and the men who participated in the Eastern border battle. An aide helped pushed Feng Huang's wheelchair to the center of the room. Da Fan held his hand as she walked by his side. She looked so beautiful earning the admiration and envy of many.

Madam Wu Shan stood to one side, flashed Feng Huang a smile when she saw him. The Emperor and Empress were seated on the throne smiled as the couple came into view.

The Emperor stood once Feng Huang came near and the surroundings became quiet. "For his bravery, his loyalty and his selfless act of deeds by the imperial decree I Emperor Jing Ruan Qi hereby appoint the Princes title to Feng Huang. He shall now be called Jing Feng Huang and his princess consort Cheng Da Fan."

A few low cheers ran loud and the Emperor continued. "Jing Feng Huang is given the position of Duke."

Feng Huang bowed the best as he could along with Da Fan. "Thank you father Emperor."

The Emperor nodded and looked at his empress who beckons Da Fan over to her. Da Fan bowed and a white jade hairpin was placed in her hair.

"Take care of my son." The Empress whispered.

"Thank you mother Empress"

Da Fan went back to her place beside Feng Huang and smiled in response when he held her hand and gently squeezed it.

The Madams and young ladies looked on in jealousy. What if it had been their place beside Feng Huang? They turned to look at their husbands and fathers who could only sigh wryly.

The Emperor immediately went to the next order of business. The soldiers involved in the Eastern border battle walked in towards the throne. Each man was garbed in their black and gold armour, though no weapons were present on them it didn't diminish their ferocity. After the captains, lieutenants walked to the front, the soldiers stand on guard and General Wang and Jing Long walked in.

I know it's short but please don't blame me. I'm try to catch up with two weeks worth of work at my job. My computer was down so that's why I am busy. 

Regrettably I have to inform you all that second wife is drawing to a close. I have at least one to two chapters left. I want to tell you all from now that you can condition your mind to Second Wide ending.