Epilogue

I am so sorry for the late upload. I have been so busy with work and life that I haven't been able to upload. It is the last chapter of Second Wife and I hope you enjoyed reading it as I enjoyed writing it. I have been thinking of doing a Q&A chapter, so if you have any questions about the novel or me please free to ask.

Cong Wei Yang grinned feeling somewhat exalted. It's like she's been living a dream. She lets out a soft gasp when two muscular arms encircled her waist. Cong Wei Yang smiled leaning back against the owner of those arms.

Her husband, yes hers and only hers. Feng Huang has now realized her value, beauty, charm and grace.

"It's almost time." Cong Wei Yang said rubbing her protruding stomach. "I wonder if it's a boy. I hope it's a boy."

The figure behind remained quiet and Cong Wei Yang hummed to herself singing a lullaby.

Da Fan with her newborn son in her arms head to the courtyard that holds Cong Wei Yang. The world had already forgotten about the first madam as Da Fan was now the Fifth Princess consort.

Da Fan motioned for the guard to open the door, the once beautiful, youthful woman was now a worn-out gray faced woman.

Looking back, Da Fan didn't have any reason to fight against Cong Wei Yang. She didn't want to fight. A silver of pit flashed between her eyes. Kuchen had really taken Cong Wei Yang for a true experiment.

During the year Cong Wei Yang had come out of her hallucinations twice. The first time she had murdered her maid, Yu Yan in thick rage and the second time she attacked Kuchen.

Da Fan gazes at her son then cleared her throat to get Kuchen's attention. Kuchen looked at Da Fan and bowed. "Madam."

"Is she still alive?" Da Fan asked looking through the window to see Cong Wei Yang on the ground screaming and sobbing like a banshee. She was like a ghost full of regrets wailing and wandering the living realm.

Kuchen eyes shone like the stars and looked through the notes in his hand. "She is. It is so amazing, the kind of progress I got from her. Even the prisoners from my experiments wasn't this deep into their minds. It's like she created a whole other world inside her mind. For the past two months I have been introducing and whispering words to her and she has used my conversations as fuel to keep her world alive."

Da Fan stared at the doctor and shivered, truly a mad doctor. "I wonder if she wants to wake up now."

The scene played out as it had in the beginning.

Da Fan looked down at Cong Wei Yang glaring up at her, blood seeping from her mouth and body. The foolish woman ran into a column, beating it thinking it was her. Da Fan rock her son in her arms to and fro to keep him from crying. His beautiful eyes stared at her with his tiny fingers curling around her pinky. He looks just like his father, his hair a crazy mass of black curls. Da Fan couldn't fathom how Cong Wei Yang could believe this tiny, cute baby could come from her.

Her son kicks out his legs letting out an agitated cry. He must be hungry. Cong Wei Yang glares up at Da Fan fidgeting when she heard the baby cry.

"He's my son." The bloody woman says, glaring up at the young madam.

"Only in your dreams, Cong Wei Yang, he'll never know you, he'll grow up knowing I'm his mother. You'll never have a place in my son's heart. He'll call me Mama."

Cong Wei Yang was furious, hate burning in her heart as she screams coughing up blood, "Second Wife."

Da Fan exited the courtyard, stopping briefly to speak to the guard. "Have her buried. Cong Wei Yang has died."

After bight came and with her giggling baby boy in her hand, Feng Huang asked Da Fan a question. "How did Cong Wei Yang die?"

"Concerned?"

"No, no, no." Feng Huang hurriedly said, not wanting any misunderstanding. "I'm just curious."

Da Fan gave Feng Huang a gleaming smile and stared out the window to the night sky.

"She died of a broken heart."