Chapter Twenty

This chapter is dedicated to all my new followers and those that kept making me smile with their comments.

Feng Huang stumbled to his bedroom with Cong Wei Yang in his arms. Exchanging sloppy kisses, they both pulled at each other's clothes.

Feng Huang never drank too in excess but the sheer giddiness he felt from just the touch of Cong Wei Yang skin, his higher way of thinking fled. With his primitive brain in charge, Feng Huang was swept away in the moment of passion with his wife.

As night turn into day, Feng Huang opened his eyes to the dimly lit room. Though it was daytime no one came into the room and open the drapes.

With the movement of one leg, the tell-tale sign of a hangover rouses Feng Huang mind awake.

Feng Huang was more aware of his pounding headache than the lady wrapped under the sheets. Once he was on his feet, the room swayed almost causing hum to lose balance and crash into the wall.

Feng Huang reached out for the wall and waited for the swirling room to stop before trying to walk again.

"Master?"

The knock on the door was not loud but it made Feng Huang painfully aware of the pounding in his head.

"Master?" Steward Xin called. The knock was louder this time.

And again, Steward Xin knocked and called for Feng Huang until the said person shouted.

"Quiet you fool. What do you want?" His voice was gravelly and Feng Huang felt like he had sand in his mouth.

"Madam Feng, your mother is awaiting your presence in the first courtyard.

"Tell her I'll be with her in a moment. Send a servant in, I want a bath."

While Steward Xin left and Feng Huang was awaiting his bath, he pulled the sheet off the person in his bed to expose their face. Feng Huang couldn't help but sigh when he saw Cong Wei Yang in his bed. He hoped this time she really is pregnant.

"Wake the First Madam, then prepare a bath for her."

Feng Huang entered the first courtyard with a smile and immediately greeted Madam Feng. He sat opposite of the Madam and took a sip of tea before inquiring.

"Mother, what brought you to my courtyard so early? I was planning to visit you as soon as I rise."

Madam Feng looked at Feng Huang and with a cheerful expression said, "These old bones still work. What's wrong with visiting my son?"

Feng Huang listened silently to his mother, attentive to her words.

"What's wrong, Mother?"

Madam Feng sighed, her son really is observant. She placed an exact copy of the pills like the one she gave Da Fan on the table.

"What's this?" Feng Huang asked taking up the pills.

"Anti-pregnancy pills. I gave them to Da Fan yesterday."

"What!" Feng Huang loud bellowing could be heard from outside.

"Why would you give these to her. Don't you want grandchildren."

"I do, but not from Da Fan, not yet."

"Explain yourself mother?" Feng Huang's rage was simmering like a pot of stew.

"Da Fan is the Second Wife not the First Wife. Don't think I don't know you prefer her over Cong We Yang. Rightly so considering her father's a snake, but society expect the First Wife to give birth first."

"You think I can't divorce her and make Da Fan first wife?"

"Do not give that woman any more fuel to cause hate, Huang-er."

Knowing her son, Feng Huang would really divorce Cong Wei Yang just to make Da Fan First Wife.

"What do you mean?"

Madam Feng placed the bottle of cream she took from Da Fan on the table.

"Smell it." She told Feng Huang.

"Gingko cream." Feng exclaimed, as he did as she said.

"You as well as I know if taken in the right amounts it can cause a woman to be barren."

"Don't tell me you gave this to Da Fan."

"I would never. Cong Wei Yang gave this to her. I just happened to see it.

"That snake."

"As is her father, the whole lot of them."

"You still want me to have a child with her? To have blood with a family of snakes?"

"Jealous is the cause of this. You remarried too quickly. I know you want to help your brother, but by doing so you might slight the Congs and turn Da Fan into their enemy."

Madam Feng got up and patted Feng Huang on the shoulder.

"Until Cong Wei Yang is pregnant, do your best not to let Da Fan get pregnant also. For the sake of the child between you two, do your best to endure."

Madam Feng left her son to his thoughts and hers to herself. "I think it's time to pray."