Chapter Forty-Eight

Da Fan sat in the Feng main sitting room casually sipping her tea. This was her fourth cup as she motioned for Meirin to pour her tea waiting for her guest to speak. She didn't invite them, doesn't want them here so she won't go out of her way to flatter or welcome them here.

"Second Madam Feng, is this how you welcome your guest?" Cong Shu Lan asked when she saw Da Fan ignoring her and her father and tactlessly drinking tea.

"Whatever do you mean Second Princess Consort Cong? You charge into my home, bully my servants to let you in. Is that how a guest behaves?" Da Fan counters.

Cong Shu grits her teeth and begun to get up when General Cong placed a hand on her shoulders. If he didn't, Da Fan reckons that Cong Shu Lan would charge at her like a monkey after a banana.

General Cong eyes the woman across from him carefully, any other woman or man wouldn't be able to face him for fearlessly. "I'm sorry for my daughter's behaviour."

"Father?" Cong Shu Lan shouted.

"Be quiet!" He said to her then turned to Da Fan. "Second Madam Feng, where is my daughter? As the first madam she is the one that's supposed to greet me if not her where is Old Madam Feng?"

"Are you trying to run this household as if it's yours, General Cong? The First Madam is being punished. I'm sure you were informed of this. Should I inform her you came? She won't be able to see you though but I can pass on the message."

"You...you?" General Cong stammered. He was never once spoken to like this. But if he looked back, her husband is cut from the same cloth as her. General Cong is still reeling from his loss from Feng Huang didn't want to eat another loss from this husband and wife pair.

"Yes, it's me. Second Madam Feng Cheng Da Fan. Do you want a birth date too?"

General Cong jumped to his feet knocking over the center table. Meirin jumped to Da Fan rescue lifting her away as the table fell to where she was. At the same time Da Fan threw the tea cup in her hand taking extra care to make sure it lands on Cong Shu Lan's face.

Cong Shu Lan screams as the warm tea was flung in her face, it was not enough to burn but enough that it was felt.

The ensuing chaos, screams and noise prompted the guards into action. They burst into the room looking dumbfounded.

"You bitch." The General bellowed. "Bring my daughter here. Bring her here before I teach you a lesson where your position is. A mere second wife dear mocks me, my daughter? You're only a step above a concubine. Know your place."

Da Fan took a deep breath, steely meeting the General eyes. It wasn't the first time she's being mocked for being a second wife she faced from all the women at various parties. Compare to the gossip mongers of the capital and court the general words were like a mosquito bite. Small and easy to brush off. Although she's a legal wife, her position will forever be below that of the first wife.

Da Fan released a breath and then with a voice filled with anger roared back. "Who do you think you are General. I am not your daughter. I am not your wife. This is not your house. Do you have shit for brains?"

Meirin, the guards, General Cong and Cong Shu Lan stared with wide eyes and opened mouth at Da Fan. He had Never before had they heard this small woman say such vulgar words. The General took a step back, it's the first a woman was speaking to him in such a way.

"I am the wife of Vice-Minister of Defense. My position is more or less the same as yours General. If your daughter had any sense, which I doubt considering the man who helped birth she wouldn't be where she is now. So, I suggest you take that hollering banshee with you and leave." Da Fan said pointing at Cong Shu Lan.

Da Fan left the dumbfounded people and the main room. Meirin with the bit of brain cells she had ordered the guards the take General Cong and Cong Shu Lan out.

Feng Huang returned home to hearing about Da Fan's outburst. Quite frankly he found it hard to believe, but as he got the details he knew what the problem was. Feng Huang quickly made his way to her courtyard. The said person was relaxing on her bed with a book in hand.

"Wife, Da Fan are you well?"

Da Fan nodded and pulled Feng Huang beside side and went into his embrace. Although there were no tears Feng Huang could her the sorrow behind her words.

"The day I heard I was to be your Second Wife my mother gave me advice. She said being a second wife is hard it involves pleasing the first wife, tolerating your mother-in-law, enduring concubines and getting your husband in bed. I am a second wife Feng Huang, but a wife still the same."

Feng Huang hugged Da Fan to him and whispered. "Give me a few weeks, just a few and no one will ever degrade you ever again.You shall stand proud claiming your title as my wife."

True to his words. Feng Huang long with the General Prince Jing Heng began to move against the Second Prince and his allies. The first to fall was someone in the ministry of defense, then finance and then it was General Cong.

General Cong stood fuming in his study, in front of him is his son, Cong Lu Zhang. Cong Lu Zhang sat in silence huddling in the corner trying not to draw his father's anger to himself. General Cong was fuming because of the rumors had been running rampant in the capital, his son had messed with the daughter of a Marquis. If it were any other person, General Cong would ignore them but this lady is the grand niece of a prominent member of the court.

"You stupid, stupid, unfilial boy! Are you even my son? Why would you mess around with that girl? Don't you have enough playthings already in your courtyard?"

General Cong stared hard at his son in the corner and lament on what he had done to have children like these.

"Why her? Why did you attempt to kiss the girl?"

Cong Lu Zhang looked at his father pitifully as if he'd been wronged. "I thought she was a prostitute. Who told her to have such big bosoms?"

The General wanted to spit blood. "Prostitute, are you mad?" Did you have to call her that?"

General Cong slammed his hands against his son face knocking him into the wall, he called for his steward after that.

"Lock him in his room. He's not to allowed to take one step from it."

Who knew as soon as the General left his estate, Young Master Cong Lu Zhang would go missing. People coughed it up him disappearing to some prostitute's bed, drunk forgetting who he is. Cong Lu Zhang was Found near three days after he had went missing.

Wails of crying women could be heard from inside the General's estate. Heart wrenching cries that could make the evilest of person cry and mourn. Cong Lu Zhang was found on the outskirts of the red light district. He was found by one of the district's resident mamas. It can be said that when the guard came to inspect the body he threw up.

Cong Lu Zhang was found with his britches at his ankle, a heavenly noteworthy smile on his face and his penis missing. Some said it was bite off with the teeth marks visibly seen.