Chapter Thirty-Five

"Honorable noble, please forgive me. This servant didn't do it on purpose."

The appearance of the driver was that of a twenty something year old—tall and of good posture. Someone who you'd half expect to be a scholar and not a carriage driver.

"No one was injured, and the damage to the carriage is superficial."

The carriage driver was surprised and so was the crowd. Was this man truly a nobleman? Feng Huang looked around at the crowd and saw the traffic piling up due to the accident.

"You should move off the road."

Feng Huang watched as the young man moved out of the way with great speed. Just as he was about to climb into his carriage, he saw a light flash where the young man's carriage once was, and he picked it up.

A gold ore not yet smelted into gold bars.

Though he was no expert, Feng Huang could see that the purity of the gold was quite high.

"Master, is something wrong?"

Feng Huang shook his head at Xin and pocketed the gold ore.

"Xin, have that carriage followed and that man investigated."

"Yes, Master." Feng Huang got into the carriage, and Steward Xin whipped the reins, continuing on their journey.

______________________________

Back at the Feng Mansion, Da Fan asked Old Madam Feng for permission to go to the Heavenly Tea Pavilion. It had been months since she had visited and was eager to see the changes that had been implemented.

Compared to last time, the tea pavilion was no longer just a place to buy tea, but was now also a place where expert tea brewers could serve you fine tea.

The pavilion had become a bub for the rich and wealthy to sit, enjoy fine tea, and do what the rich did best—talk.

Da Fan had separated the building into two sections: the common or general area and the VIP or Jade floor. The general area was on the first floor and had everyone seated and sharing a common area. The Jade area had everyone separated into private rooms on the second floor; these were highly sought after by the wealthy as it allowed for privacy.

As soon as she stepped into the building, a steward immediately greeted her; after all, they had not forgotten the last time she had come here.

Da Fan had just finished looking through the shop's ledger when a commotion at the front caught her attention. One of the stewards hurried forward, explaining the situation.

"Madam, you're needed at the front."

Da Fan was annoyed. Must these group of flies follow her? What was she, honey? She'd rather be vinegar.

"Mistress, what's the matter?" Meirin, who, as always, accompanied Da Fan and was beside her, asked.

Da Fan sighed and shook her head. "Follow me, Meirin. I might need your assistance."

At the front entrance of the pavilion, a young female was making her discontentment known.

"What kind of place is this? I expect to be seated on the Jade floor. Why can't I be there? I will not sit with the likes of these people."

"I'm so sorry, Princess. The Jade rooms are all fully booked. The only available seats are in the general area."

"Well, throw someone out. Tell them it's the Princess's room."

The Steward was sweating heavily. How could he possibly do that? The people in the VIP rooms were people that someone like him couldn't afford to offend. Just when he was about to cry, he heard an angel's voice coming to save him.

"What's going on here?" Meirin spoke out loud. She was caught up to speed of the situation by Da Fan.

"Ms. Meirin, the Second Princess wanted a Jade room but they're all full."

Meirin looked at Cong Shu Lan. How she hated her. Cong Shu Lan might have looked exquisite if it weren't for the sneer etched on her face. If she could, she could dig out her eyes and tear out her hair.

"Meirin, did you find out the identity of that crass woman who was shouting?"

The pavilion was deathly silent. Crass woman? That is the Second Princess you're talking about. Someone let out a snicker, then there was two, and then more until the whole place was filled with laughter.

Cong Shu Lan looked around and then shouted, "Be quiet!" She turned to the owner of the voice. "Second Madam Feng, I haven't seen you in ages."

"Yes, ages. How the time flies when you're older." Da Fan had mirth in her eyes.

"Second Princess, hello." Da Fan bowed, paying her respects. "I hope you didn't meet that crass person from earlier. I wouldn't want you to have a negative impression of my shop, now, would I?"

"Your shop?" Cong Shu Lan didn't know it was hers. If she knew, she wouldn't have come. "Would you like to have tea with me, Second Madam Feng? You can't refuse."

Da Fam smiled joylessly. "I would love to."

Da Fan called one of the waiters. "Since the Jade rooms are full, have a table in the corner prepared for me. Although it's my establishment, I can't very well kick my own patrons out the rooms, can I?"

The guest all nodded their heads; now this was a virtuous woman.