II - I'm Tired Boss

Chapter Two

Pusha

Three days of driving and I was finally getting into the parking garage of the apartment. I parked nearest to the elevator, turning off the car and immediately putting my head on the steering wheel groaning. It was a long way to the top and I didn't want to stop. I was starting to feel as numb as my foot started to catch a cramp and gripped onto the steering wheel in pain. At least I got to see my place which I was starting to miss more than anything.

Once my cramp died down, I grabbed my duffle bag in the passenger seat and got out my midnight Maxima and closed the door pressing the alarm button. I slowly walked into the side door of the apartment lobby yawning as the cold air hit my face.

"What's up Pusha?" The overnight security guard Bobby said as he pressed the button unlocking the elevators.

"Man, I'm maintaining, three days of driving Chicago to Miami has me tired like no other," I answered as the door slowly opened.

"Tried their pizza?"

"Naw, it was more of a business and back trip. But you have a good one aight?" I said as I walked inside the elevator and looked as he nodded his head as doors closed.

I yawned again trying to beat the exhaustion that was overcoming me and checked my phone time.

"10:57, late as hell," I said to myself as the elevator lifted quickly up the tenth floor making me reach into my pocket taking out my key card and swiping it across the pad.

The door opened and I sighed walking inside and dropping my duffle bag on the floor. It was the same just as how I left it, clean floors that smelled like fresh fabuloso the purple kind. The kitchen was spotless and not a single tv running or fridge wide open. I guess I was wrong about letting my sister babysit my house while I was gone.

I walked over to the living throwing my keys in the empty fruit bowl and saw the stack of mail sitting next to it. Most of it junk mail anyways, to begin with, Burger King coupons, Winn Dixie ads and the occasional 2-3 of the same beauty supply flyers.

I grabbed the stack and walked into the kitchen opening the trash and dropping the mail. I immediately heard paws running across my hardwood floors, most likely slipping around and saw my pit bull terrier Duke crashing into my legs making me bend down and pick him up. Duke was practically my kid, he was only three months old. His energy was up there so I knew that he had a ball with Pamela and the kids when they were here but missed me more than anything.

"What's up Duke? A nigga missed you," I said as I started to head to my room feeling sleepy, "Where's Vanity huh?" I asked as I pet him making his tail tap me on the side as I opened the door.

I looked and found her sound asleep in Duke's small bed making me smile. She was Duke's sister but more of a drama queen but when around Duke it was thing one and thing two.

I couldn't wait till I was sound asleep, knocked out cold in my home with my dogs. That's all I needed, no woman no drama which kept my ass inside and away from an altercation.

I put Duke down as he immediately ran up on Vanity waking her up. I sat on the edge of my bed taking off my air forces and stretching my toes from the drive that kept them stiff and it one place for so long. I peeled off my shirt showing my bare tattooed chest and fell back onto the bed adjusting myself on the pillow. Exhaustion tightened my neck and back tremendously making my grab my remote to my bed turning on the massager and closed my eyes and the bed vibrated on my bed and neck. I was starting to enjoy the massage which was starting to put me sleep.

"Magnify, magnify, lift it on high. Spit it Spotify to qualify a spot on his side. I can not modify or ratify, my Momma made me apple pie."

My phone started vibrating and ringing already knowing that it was my momma calling. I reached in my pocket hearing the ringtone grow louder than before. I already knew that she was calling to give me a piece of her mind for not calling her once I got into the state.