VIII - First Time In A Long Time

Chapter Eight

Pusha

I rummaged through my closet looking for the closest thing appropriate to wear for church other than the countless black and graphic tees that crowded my closet. I wasn't the type to own dress shirts and pants. Any dark colored tees and sneakers were more along my lane. I never liked to look flashy.

"I don't know why you acting like you don't know what to wear to church," Kamp said as she laid all on my bed, her feet dangled off of the bed as she texted on the phone.

"Pamela wants me to dress in church attire, so I don't have these church folks judging me," I said and finally saw a blue blazer way in the back of the closet. Hopefully it fir because I wasn't in the mood to really go out and find a whole new outfit for just one hour and a half. I managed to find a good looking crisp black tee and black jeans and looked down at the collection of shoes that I had. Black high top Nike would do.

I was never fond of churches. No doubt I am a Christian and believe in God like anyone else, but I skipped the whole church get up. It was nothing but judgmental people who had skeletons in their own closets and church girls who were freaky as hell behind closed doors. I just rather do that on my own.

I received a text from Pamela already stressing me to be at the church by eleven. I sighed, she was even lucky enough that I woke up at nine in the morning for this. I remember Sunday was the day of rest. I usually didn't wake up until eleven on Sundays.

"Ay question, what happened with you and homegirl Friday night?" Kamp asked as she sat straight on the bed.

Tamia, she honestly caught my eye since the first night that I saw her. She was honestly the best woman that I ever have seen. Even though she stuck out like a sore thumb at the club, the moment we spent in the car smoking I saw the true her that I know wanted to come out, but it was so sheltered. Ever since that day I dropped her off, I regretted getting her number. I couldn't lie she set herself different from any female that I ever came across. She was most definitely smart and down to earth and very sexy. She set herself different from her friends. Never clubbed, drank or even smoke but took it like a champ and did it.

"Nothing happened," I answered as I started to put on my clothes.

"Nigga you lying like a muhfucka, you know you smashed that fine one. She sexy as hell, I wouldn't mind taking that off of your hands, " Kamp said licking her lips.

"Ay don't do that, real shit," I demanded as I finished dressing and put on my sneakers.

Kamp started laughing already shaking her head as if there was something wrong. I hated when she did that shit because it made her look crazy as hell.

"What bruh?" I said already annoyed by her Windex cleaner ass laugh

"I know that look, you feeling her?" I grabbed my Hugo Boss cologne and sprayed it in the air and walked through the air.

"Sometimes I hate when you know something, and it doesn't matter, a nigga was so damn booted I forgot to ask her," I said and jammed my phone into my pocket.

Kamp took out her phone, "You know me, and her friend been talking for a minute, I can ask her."

I shook my head declining if there was one thing it was that I didn't need help getting something especially a girl's phone number.

"It wasn't meant to be, plus ion think she ain't ready for a nigga like me," I chuckled then grabbed my keys, "Now get the fuck out my crib, I'm running late."

Kamp groaned, as much as how much money Kamp threw at the strip club and the constant nights she spent there spending hundreds of dollars in a matter of minutes, she didn't have her own place. She always did the wrong thing with her money, But I couldn't blame her, she had parents that spoiled her from head to toe. But I told her that staying at her parent's house was going to get to her. No privacy at all, her doing what they say like she was still a freshman in high school. Now she didn't want to leave, and she spent constant nights sleeping at my house damn near thought I had a roommate.

"Can I please stay?" she begged, and I turned around and sighed.

"No, come on," I said, and she whined stomping her feet into the elevator and I walked over into the elevator pressing the garage button.

Once we got to the ground floor, we separated, and Kamp slowly walked to her car.

"Where you about to be later?" I asked, and Kamp slowly walked to her car looking upset as if I threw her ice cream away. That was her plan to make me feel bad but I knew her all too well, I wasn't going to baby her.

"Maybe with Laini," she answered, and I gave her a thumb up and headed to the car quickly getting in and headed to the church.

Kendrick Lamar blasted through the speakers and I turned down the volume. I turned to Hot 105 and heard Kirk Franklin sounding through the speakers as I drove to the church. I might as well get into the mood of feeling holy while heading there.

Pamela already started ringing me up and I pressed the answer button.

"What's up man, I'm close to the church." I lied not even letting her talk because I knew she was going to rip me to shreds if she found out that I was just leaving the house.

"How close? Because I want us to come in as a family." She said, and I shook my head.

I swear Pamela was doing too damn much but I know she wanted me to be there more than anything.

Updated!!!!! Please comment, vote and share with friends, please! Hook a sister up with at least 10 comments, that would really make me happy - Camisha

Updated!!!!!  Please comment, vote and share with friends, please! Hook a sister up with at least 10 comments, that would really make me happy - Camisha

Pusha 🖤

   Kamp 💙

Kamp 💙