XI - Special Hold

Chapter Seven

Trevante

"She does look like you," Bri said as we drove to the undisclosed location that Ray sent us.

"I know," I said as I looked at the picture that I managed to take while I sat in the back of the church during her christening. I couldn't even stay long enough because I didn't want anyone noticing me.

"So why you were not up there with her?" She asked and I switched onto the GPS and saw that we were nearing the location.

"Make a left right here," I said as she started to make a left into the art district. I didn't even want to talk about the situation, "Right here," She stopped damn neat almost ejecting me out of the windshield.

"Sorry," She smiled as she took the key out of the ignition.

"So, you remember what the plan is?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"You make the offer and I negotiate the deal if it gets a little too hectic, pretty simple, " She explained as she sat back putting down the visor and let her hair down. She applied lip gloss on her lips and lightly smacked them.

She reached into the glove box slightly brushing my leg as I slightly jumped. She looked at me and laughed not even saying a word. She grabbed her small little purse that matched her outfit and closed it getting out the car. I got out and watched how her personality suddenly changed from her walk, posture and her eyes just screamed differently. It showed that Bri wasn't present, this was a whole different female.

I stood beside her taking out my arm and she hummed softly at me with a sparkle in her eyes and scooped her arm into mine.

We walked inside of the building as we were patted down and then guided to a dark ass meeting room. Bri squeezed onto my arm and I looked down at her.

"You okay?" I said into her and she took a deep breath and nodded her head slightly.

I stopped and looked at her as the bodyguard stopped in front of us and stared most likely concerned about why we stopped in the first place. I couldn't risk putting us into trouble or even him thinking we were up to something.

I grabbed her by the waist and pulled her near me as our bodies touched. I softly lifted her up as my lips met her ear. I wouldn't lie and saw that it was starting to get hot. Her caramel scene danced in my nose as I took another whiff remembering her smell.

"If you feel uncomfortable, we'll turn around right now," I whispered in her ear. She looked at me as her honey brown eyes stared at me with a soft twinkle.

She placed her hands on my chest and forced herself down as she playfully pulled on my beard then looked at the bodyguard.

"Lead the way," She ordered him and he continued to talk as we walked in arms.

I had to catch myself and take a deep breath because Bri knew that whatever I said was true. If I had to risk canceling this meeting for her safety I most definitely will. Ray and I were just going to have to go at it because I was thinking about her life rather than the money.

I walked inside the room and saw familiar faces. Most were connects and a few lone dealers. But one, in particular, caught my eye, Beanie. Ol fat nigga, he was the flashy type. He wore fur coats in any type of weather, always at the club, hanging with the celebs when they flew down from Miami and buying the latest jewels. Immature women who never experienced a real man and young men who just wanted the money and women hung around him and was most definitely loyal to him. I knew it firsthand when I met Bri. She was most definitely an old pawn on Beanie. She was actually one of his top women, doing the tricks and stealing until she came across me.