XII- Getting To Know

Chapter Twelve

Tamia

"So, all you gotta do is just twist the end and that's it." Pusha said as he twisted the end of the joint and bit off a small part of the filter.

After we grabbed something to eat and hotboxing in the car, once it got dark. We managed to find a nice spot in Las Olas that really quiet and secluded next to a lake while the occasional boats sailed by. It was breathtaking, from the live bands playing in the background as the sounds of the waves perfectly mixed in between with the music. It was very different and new and I was happy I made the decision to leave with him rather than an awkward Sunday dinner with my parents, Zacardi and his headache of his parents.

"Take off your shoes." he said as I stared at him puzzled as he took off his shoes and socks and started to walk near the end of one of the docks. He sat down and dipped his feet into the water as he rolled the joint.

I just stared at him as if he was crazy as if he wasn't smoking weed in a public setting especially someplace out here.

"Don't make me smoke by myself while you watch," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes walking down the dock and kicked off my heels dipping my toes in first then the whole foot along with the other. The water was relatively warm and my body naturally relaxed.

He handed me the joint as I took a deep pull, holding it for a few seconds then exhaling making Pusha laugh.

"What?" I giggled.

"Nothing. I taught you well," he complimented as I rolled my eyes laughing.

We continued to smoke as I looked at him as he stared blankly into the water.

"So how long have you been smoking?" I asked.

"Well it's been a while, since I was like sixteen," he answered and I slowly nodded my head.

"And how old are you?"

He grinned showing his white pearly teeth at me.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he laughed, "I'm twenty-six." I looked at him surprised as he burst out laughing.

Three years older than me but he was looking fine as hell. No kids too? He was most definitely the needle in a haystack.

"10 years, what made you start?"

"It just started as something to be cool but then when I got to college shit changed."

"Dropped out?"

"Naw," he chuckled, "My momma would've rung my neck. I have my masters in communications from FAU."

Single, smart and family oriented. It made me smile from ear to ear as i looked at him in awe.

He handed the joint to me as I took a hit.

"So, what's up with noodle head?" he asked and I bust out laughing already knowing that the topic was Zacardi and his more than unique blonde hair.

I sighed, "My ex-boyfriend of three long years."

I took another hit leaning onto him and exhaling the smoke into the air. I felt him chuckle as I handed it back to him.

"Yall look cute together, nice image for the church members," he sarcastically said and I scoffed rolling my eyes. I couldn't blame him, he didn't know what was going on, only by what he saw.

"I guess having your heart ripped out your chest and stomped on without even knowing it thinking someone is the love of your life is cute, then hey guess so."