XXXII- Kept In The Past

I sat in the office with Darius as I looked over his earnings from the past year and I couldn't lie; it impressed me

I sat in the office with Darius as I looked over his earnings from the past year and I couldn't lie; it impressed me. He had more and more customers each day and made sales that was decent enough for him to open a new location.

"How are you earning this much at your smoke shops?" I asked as I looked up at him as he stared at me smiling.

His eyes followed mine as he licked his lips leaning back in the chair.

"What?" my brow rose as he lowly chuckled.

He shrugged his shoulders pulling in his bottom lip. "So a boyfriend and business partner?"

I rolled my eyes already sensing the jealousy plastered throughout his voice. There shouldn't even be a reason for him to be jealous when he disappeared for ten years. What was I going to do? Wait like some damsel in distress? Nah, I had to grow and forget, as much as it hurt, it was the better because the more I would wait on him, the more I would become miserable while he was making himself successful and most likely coming across multiple of women.

"Yes, problem?" I leaned back in my chair crossing my legs.

"I would just have thought the ki-" I raised my finger and closed my eyes mentally meditating and thinking about these next few words that would come out of my mouth.

The moment I first saw Darius, emotions that I had tucked in since I was thirteen came soaring back. Allowing the kiss from my first crush, friend and love teenage me enjoyed it. Not adult me, I felt every single drop of guilt when his lips touched mine because of Pusha. I knew he didn't deserve this let alone from me. It was great connecting with Darius again but nothing compared to being with Pusha.

"That kiss meant nothing obviously we were both at the moment's heat. Yes, I missed you but I love Pusha," I interrupted him as his face saddened as he cleared his throat.

He stood up walking around my desk and suddenly got on his knees as he grabbed my chair, spinning me to face him. He slowly inhaled, grabbing my hand into his then exhaled.

"Ten years, I've waited ten years to have Tamia Jones heart for ten years. I managed not to off myself because you," he pointed at my chest as I looked at him puzzled, "said that you couldn't lose me. But I'm here because of you and now I'm ready to do what I've always wanted to do since we were kids and that's be with you."

I looked at him puzzled as his eyes welled with tears. I honestly didn't know how to react to it. But right now I was leaning to one thought, and that was Pusha.

"I'm sorry but I still stand by what I said earlier. That kiss was nothing, ten years or ten days. I just... I can't," I stammered as he squeezed my hand looking deep into my eyes as if he was burning a hole through my heart.

"Tamia please," he whispered slowly making my heart pound harder than before.

"I-"

"You heard her the first time, she said she good bruh," I heard Pusha's voice echo through the office instantly creating goosebumps down my arm.