XXXVII- DeadBeat

I sat in the living room, watching Pasia munch on her cheerios

I sat in the living room, watching Pasia munch on her cheerios. She was definitely growing each second and showing more features of Pamela and me but mostly me. From the nose down to the lips, it had me written all over it. She smiled from ear to ear as she tossed cheerios everywhere once the Mickey Mouse clubhouse song started playing as if it was a club banger.

I've tried reaching out to Pamela as per usual she was nowhere to be found. She left the twins with her momma while she took her occasional vacations with her jailbird nigga. Just couldn't understand why she couldn't be the same Pamela I knew in the past? This Pamela was just different, neglecting her kids and more worried about her damn felon than her own flesh and blood. I wondered what type of spell dude had on her.

"Morning." Bri's voice cleared my head as I looked her way.

She wore a Harley Davidson t-shirt and camo joggers, her hair was freed from the braids into a natural ponytail.

"Morning," I answered as Pasia starting her gibberish as she got into her crawling position rocking back and forth before finally crawling over to Bri.

Bri kneeled down picking her up and kissed her on the forehead before joining me on the couch.

I looked at her as she smiled at Pasia fixing her hair.

I gave Bri space because I knew that she was emotional about everything. She even woke up in a distressed state begging me not to do with business with Bricks. Just with that, I respected her wishes and made sure to not bother her about the situation. I knew she would come around when she was ready.

"I'm guessing you waiting on this Jelani explanation," she put Pasia back on the ground.

She leaned towards me lying on my chest.

"Not really. You know I would wait till you are ready cause it's such a sensitive topic," I said as she nodded her head tracing circles into the palm of my hand.

Her face scrunched up, she was trying to find the right words and I couldn't blame her nor rush her.

"Jelani is my son, my baby, the love of my life. He is honestly the reason I move how I move. One wrong step and he pays for it," she explained as she took out her phone showing the picture of the young boy that smiled from ear to eat in a football uniform.

 One wrong step and he pays for it," she explained as she took out her phone showing the picture of the young boy that smiled from ear to eat in a football uniform