XXXIV- D-Day Dinner

"Aight just sign in the orange highlights with your initials and then the rest is on her which," My nephew Chad scoffed as he flipped through the copy of the papers as I continued to sign

I was holding it off for too long. My marriage wasn't perfect obviously, but for someone like my wife to make it seem that way was tragic. I kept an association with the Black Mafia a secret cause I knew she wouldn't be going crazy and I did what was best to see her true intentions and that was to spy on her. I placed surveillance cameras that were placed around the house, in the hallways and our room. It wasn't like we were having sex, anyway; it has been years. For months, I watched and waited and finally found what I was looking for. I never knew how bad Jalissa wanted this damn pastor position until seeing that video. All I knew was that it would be a great dinner.

"Honestly, she won't sign it Unc," Chad leaned his broad self onto the chair as Chauncey came over grabbing the packet as he smacked Chad on the back of his head with it.

"Does it matter? He's finally getting rid of the Wicked Witch of the West," Chauncey argued as he bit into a chicken leg flipping through the pages, "Plus with what T asking for, she won't decline."

"I dont know why you married that crazy bitch in the first place, I dont even know why yall bring that damn drama in my house!" Donna yelled from the dining room.

"You were the first one saying, do it at my house, we need a family dinner. All that... Oh shit! T you think she will?" He read the same page maybe four times.

"That's exactly what I was talking about," Chad mumbled.

"May I?" I slightly jumped looking over to see Chad's fiancee and also part of Black Mafia's finance team Alisha grab the packet from Chauncey and go through the pages.

I watched Chad as he stared at her like she was hypnotizing him just by standing there. It honestly was the same way Pusha looked at Tamia and how Trevante really looked at Bri. It made me think about my younger days when Jalissa didn't have a stick up her ass and didn't care about what I did for a living.

"I mean financially, it holds." She kissed nephew on the lips as he smiled from ear to ear. "Hey honey."

"What's up, baby," Chad answered as she put the packet down sliding back towards me.

I remembered seeing Alisha and Bri from time to time at the warehouse whenever Bri wasn't around Trevante and they seemed rather close. I knew the private investigators would do their jobs finding Jelani, but I knew someone who knew Bri personally would just know more and least fill in the blanks.

I cleared my throat, "Alisha do you know of someone named Jelani?"

She looked up at me puzzled how I knew of the name but that wasn't really something to discuss at the moment. She sat next to Chad as he rubbed her back.

"I-"

"Uncle T!" I heard my twin nieces Dyanna and Danyel came hovering over to me.

It wasn't the right time but knowing my nieces they would annoy the hell out of me. I've grown so fond of them as if they were my daughters since both Dyanna, Danyel and Trayvon was born on the same day and year just a few hours apart. I always made sure that those three were always close and had each other's backs at all times.