A change of heart

A/N A picture or Rose! Isn't she a cutie! 

***

It had been an hour and a half since Marco, Angelo and Donatello stepped into that room and it had been silence between me and Jason since. I didn't think of it awkwardness just me being afraid for Marco. My feelings for him grew so much for him that I was afraid for his safety. I felt so horrible realising this was the man who raised Marco and hurt poor Rose. Their mother shouldn't have left them with a man as horrible as Donatello. I don't know if I could ever leave my children like that. 

As I was deep in my thoughts Jason broke the silence in the room. 

''Are you alright? You've  been quiet since you sat down on the sofa'' 

''Im sorry, Im just worried'' I sighed looking at the room they were in. 

''You know before I wouldn't have ever believed that you would say that'' He chuckled. Trying to lighten the mood. 

''Your right. But I see who he is now. Even though he can be an ass at times. He has a heart hidden beneath all the walls he puts up'' I say with a sad smile on my face. Jasons hand comes on my shoulder and I look at him. 

''If anyone can break down those walls, It would be you'' He says looking into my eyes assuring me, and I feel warm inside hearing that from one of the only people who knows Marco the best. 

''Thank you Jason. Ever since I was brought here you were the only one who could calm me down'' He nods with a smile and puts his hand down. 

***

Ten minutes later the door opens and Donatello steps out and into the living room. He stops before opening the front door and looks at me and Jason. 

''Dillo a mio figlio che sarò di nuovo e questa volta non risparmierò la sua piccola puttana'' He said directly to Jason, I didn't understand fully but I knew he was talking about me and Marco and he sounded angry which scared me. Jason growled looking at the horrible man. He then turns to me and smiles cruelly.

''Ill be back Puttana'' I was going to say something knowing what Puttana meant but I didn't want him to think that I cared about his words towards me so I just looked at him with disgust. He laughed and walked out the door. Angelo leaves the office and walks to the window to make sure he was leaving. 

''He's gone.'' He simply said. I breathe out in relief and look at Angelo. ''He wants to talk to you Isabella'' He says still watching the window. I get up and walk over to the office. I go in and shut the door. Marco's chair is turned to the other side where I couldn't see him. He sighs looking at the window. 

''Are you ok?'' I ask not knowing what else to say. 

''Ill be fine, I just wasn't prepared'' He said sternly. 

''I know. But he did what he wanted and said he was done, so now he won't come back right?'' I asked hoping for a positive answer. 

''I don't think so. He's a liar. He lies about everything. Im sure he's lying about not coming back'' 

''Well now you know. Now we can be prepared, he can't come back here if he can't surprise us right?'' He turns his chair around and gets up walking towards me.

''Your one of a kind Gattina'' He smiles and I immediately melt. ''I need to ask you something and I hope your answer is a yes'' I look at him confused as he holds my hands and looks at me  with hopeful eyes. ''Would you accompany me to the ball the Greek Family are hosting this saturday?'' He asks and I don't think I ever felt happier hearing anything coming out of that sweet mouth of his.