Twenty-Five

**WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT ABOUT SUICIDE. DO NOT READ IF IT IS A SENSITIVE TOPIC FOR YOU TO READ ABOUT.**

Nadia couldn't hide the fear that filled her after she watched the video. She was so distraught that she didn't notice when Emile took his phone out of her hand; all she could do was stare at the wall in front of her.

It never seized to amaze her just how cruel teenagers could be to each other. What did they gain from doing so relentless to someone? she asked herself as she felt a few tears fall. She suddenly remembered how Mason had rushed off after seeing the video and she began to look for him.

She pushed herself out of the room and into the hallway to find a few bodies at the end of the hall. And as she pushed herself closer, she recognized Mason's sweater. She watched as he punched someone. She pushed herself closer as she yelled his name.

"MASON!" 

But he went in for another punch as he held the guy by his collar. It was the guy from the video and she now recognized that he was the host of the party.

Did he decide to throw the party just to do what he did? Nadia wondered as she watched Mason punch him again, his nose now bleeding as a small open area developed on the cheek that was punched.

"How could you do something like that?!" Mason yelled. 

"You're exactly the type of person that I hate!"

"What did you gain from that?!"

Nadia couldn't find the strength to do anything to interfere as she took in how angry he was. She had never seen Mason so angry and to say that she was surprised was a huge understatement. She almost felt scared as she took in his angry form.

But as she watched him land several more punches, she remembered the reason why Mason was angry in the first place: 

Selena.

But where was she?

As soon as that thought occurred to her, Nadia shouted out Mason's name once again. He finally stopped punching the guy and released his collar, both of them watching him as he feel onto his knees. Mason turned to face Nadia, breathing heavily as she looked at his blood-stained knuckles. She took a deep breath before asking him,

"Where is Selena?" 

Mason suddenly looked taken aback as he thought about what she had just said. And after a few moments of silence between them, he suddenly looked scared.

"Where is she?" she barely heard him ask, his voice so soft when he spoke. 

"I don't know," she replied, "but--"

"We need to find her. 

Now!

Nadia nodded her head as she followed Mason who had began to walk away from her. She pushed herself as fast as she could to catch up with him. 

- - -

"Selena!" 

"Selena!"

"Selena!"

Nadia and Mason yelled out her name multiple times as they frantically searched for her. Nadia couldn't ignore the heavy feeling in her chest at the thought of something bad happening to her. 

"I'll go this way and you go that way," Mason's words broke her out of her thoughts as he spoke. She turned to him and nodded before continuing to push herself down the hallway until she was at the door of the building, still yelling out her name.