Thirty

Previously

"Are you talking about Selena? Was it your fault that she died?" he asked, looking directly at Ashley whose expression had now changed. She held her head up high as she looked at him with a look of disgust.

"What's it to you if we're talking about her?"

"Answer the damn question," he said through gritted teeth. From where Nadia was, she saw his hands balling into fists as he walked closer to her. Ashley cleared her throat as he got closer to her.

"Are you the one that caused Selena to end her life? Are you the one that set her up to be sexually assaulted and then called a slut? Huh?!"

"Yeah I did it, so what?" Ashley said confidently. Mason lifted his fist and threw a punch, causing Chris and Nadia to look away as they both closed their eyes tightly. Ashley screamed, causing them to open their eyes and look back to find that he had punched the wall behind Ashley, just inches away from her head. She was visibly shaking now as she said,

"Are you f**king crazy?!"

"Tell me what happened," Mason said with a surprisingly calm tone.

"What if I don't tell you?" Ashley asked in reply, her voice getting cocky.

"I won't miss the next time I throw a punch."

Nadia placed her hands on the push rings of her wheelchair and pushed herself closer to them. But before she could reach them, the sound of heels hitting the floor caused everyone to turn around as the vice principal came into view.

"What's going on here?"

- - -

*unedited*

Thirty 

Nadia, Mason, Chris and Ashley quietly followed the vice principal as she walked them towards the principal's office. Nadia couldn't shake off the nervousness that radiated through her, causing her to worry about what would happen. 

A few moments later, they entered the principal's office. At the command of the principal, they each settled in a chosen spot in the room, everyone avoiding eye contact with the principal. 

Silence filled the room for several moments until the vice principal began to recall what she had seen to the principal, the only sound heard being her voice. 

After the vice principal had finished speaking, the principal looked at the group of students with an undecipherable expression. Nadia felt her heart beats accelerate as she continued to feel the gaze. To her relief, the principal finally spoke.

"Mason, why were you threatening to punch Ashley?" 

All eyes turned to Mason and Nadia saw as one of his hands balled into a fist as he spoke.

"Because I had just found out that she may have been behind what happened to Selena, my cousin. I wasn't going to actually punch her, I just wanted her to explain what had happened." 

The principal nodded before looking at Ashley who looked more nervous than ever.

"Ashley, please explain what happened," the principal asked with a non-threatening tone. 

Silence filled the room once again, causing Nadia to wonder if Ashley would ever explain what had happened. And as she continued to remain silent, the principal spoke once again.

"If you're being wrongfully accused, the only way we can sort it out is for you to speak. Otherwise, we will all assume that you were the one who caused what happened. So if you don't want to be punished for something you didn't do--"