Twenty-Nine: Part II

**WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS CONTENT ABOUT SUICIDE. DO NOT READ IF IT IS A SENSITIVE TOPIC FOR YOU TO READ ABOUT.** 

Selena Wilson - The Night Before the Incident 

Selena lay in her bed, eyes wide open. Ever since they had arrived at the ski resort, an uneasy feeling surrounded her every time she saw Ashley. After how she had spoken to her about her friendship with Chris, she couldn't help but to avoid her whenever it was possible. 

She turned onto her right side, pulling her blanket closer to her as she watched Chris's sleeping figure in the bed next to her. She watched as her chest rose and fell with each breath, wondering what she would do if she found out what was happening with Ashley. Would she even care? Or was she already aware?

She found herself questioning whether their friendship meant anything to Chris like it did to her. She was so caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice as Chris turned towards her and opened her eyes.

"Can't sleep?" she heard Chris say. 

"Yeah," she replied under her breath. Chris slowly sat up and turned on her bedside light, looking at her with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?" Chris asked.

Her mouth opened to answer the question. But before a sound escaped her lips, she closed her mouth.

What good would telling her do?, she thought to herself. 

- - -

The Next Night - The Night of the Incident 

Selena stood in a corner of the room of the party, moving her head to the rhythm of the song playing. She smiled as she took a sip of her drink, looking around to see Nadia and Mason as they entered. As she looked at them, a bittersweet feeling filled her. She couldn't deny that she felt bad for the way she had been treating Nadia. After all, she had only tried to befriend her even after knowing what she had been through before. But it would also be a lie if she said she didn't think fitting in was important.

If she wanted to survive at this school, unlike her last school, she would have to fit in. And the only way that she could think to do that was to join Chris's inner circle.

The appearance of a figure in her peripheral vision caused her to move her eyes from Nadia and Mason to the person who was walking towards her with a large smile. She felt her heart suddenly begin to race as she recognized the person as the host of the party and the guy who had stolen her heart, Brent. She felt her palms dampen as her hand which was holding the drink started to shake slightly. She took several breaths in and out as he took two more steps towards her, putting his arm around her when he was close enough.

As her mind registered what was happening, she couldn't stop asking herself, was this really happening?

"You look great tonight Selena," he said, his voice deep and causing her to bite her lower lip as she looked down, her cheeks heating up at his words. She tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear as she replied,

"Thanks."

He leaned towards her, close enough for him to whisper in her ear,

"You look really hot tonight. You wouldn't mind if I stole a kiss, right?."

He pulled away and immediately went for a kiss. As his lips touched hers, a warm fuzzy feeling wrapped around Selena, causing her to close her eyes as she savored the feeling.

Of all the things that could have happened, she never imagined that she would be able to have a moment with Brent like this.

Was he doing this because he liked her too?