Fifty

*unedited*

Fifty

It was the day after their first date as Nadia was getting ready to leave for Mason's house. That morning when she had woken up, she was surprised to find that their call had been on all night and as she felt herself becoming more awake, she could hear movement on the other side of the line.

"Mason?" she had called out to him.

"Nadia?" he had replied, his voice sounding raspy as he was just waking up. 

"I can't believe we both fell asleep with the phone on," she said to him, causing him to chuckle. 

"I have to admit that I couldn't get myself to end the call when I heard your cute snoring," he said, causing Nadia's eyes to widen as she began to feel her cheeks heating up.

"I don't snore," she retaliated. Mason chuckled.

"You do and it's the cutest thing I've ever heard."

She couldn't keep her lips from turning up into a smile when he described it as cute. They spoke for several minutes before hanging up since they would be seeing each other soon. 

Nadia quickly finished getting ready before making her way to the dining room for breakfast.

"Good morning," she greeted her parents with a large smile as she made her way to the counter to grab a bowl. She placed the bowl on her lap before pushing herself to the fridge and taking out the milk. She then made her way to the dining table and before pouring some milk into the bowl.

And as she made herself a bowl of cereal, she felt two pairs of eyes looking at her. She looked up to find that her parents were actually looking at her; her mother with a knowing smile on her lips and her father with a small questioning smile on his lips.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked.

"I'm just wondering what made you so happy this morning," her father said. She smiled as she looked at her mother who mouthed,

'He doesn't know yet' 

Nadia nodded before turning her attention back to her father.

"Did something good happen?" 

She nodded her head once again before telling her father that she was now dating Mason. And she felt a warm feeling surround her when she saw her father's smile widen.

- - -

It had been an hour since she had finished breakfast when her father's car stopped in front of Mason's house. She unbuckled her seat belt as her father got out to get her wheelchair from the back of the car for her. And once she was in her wheelchair with her bag of books on her lap, she thanked her father before making her way to the front door. And before she could even ring the bell, the door opened to reveal Mason smiling at her.

"You made it," he said as he stepped aside to allow her to enter. 

And as soon as she did, he closed the door behind her before helping her to take off her shoes. She smiled as she looked at him and when he looked up, she felt her heart skip a beat as her smile widened.

I can't believe someone like that is my boyfriend, she thought to herself as she watched him stand up. And to her surprise, as soon as he stood, he placed a soft kiss on her lips. 

"I'm starting to think asking you to work on this assignment together might have been a bad idea," he told her as they now made their way to the study.

"Why do you say that?" she asked.

He bent down from where he was pushing her wheelchair from behind to whisper into her ear,