Twenty Nine: Part I

Twenty Nine: Part I

Selena Wilson - Three Weeks Before the Incident

Selena opened her textbook to the assigned page and heaved a heavy sigh. With a small smile on her lips, she removed her notebook from her backpack along with her pencil case. After choosing a pen from her collection, she finally began the readings she had been given early in the day.

As she continued to work on it, a figure appeared in her peripheral vision, causing her to look up to find Chris looking at her with a small smile. Without saying anything to acknowledge her presence, she went back to what she had been doing. 

Chris chuckled.

"Mind if I sit?" Chris asked her.

Recalling what had happened with her after they had been assigned to a topic for their chemistry presentation, Selena suddenly felt angry.

Selena had been rushing out towards her locker to get her textbook for her next class when she suddenly felt someone shove her to the ground. Her chemistry textbook flew out her hand, sending the papers she had tucked in between different pages to go flying. She looked up to find Chris looking down at her with a smirk as she said,

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that," her voice dripping with mockery. Selena stood up and was about to pick up her papers when she heard Chris speak once again.

"If you don't want that or anything worse to happen to you, then you'll do this project by yourself okay?"  Selena was taken aback by her words as she replied,

"But we're supposed to work on it together. That's why we were assigned to be partners."

Chris laughed.

"That's very cute you know," Chris said as she walked up to her, patting her head and making Selena feel small.

"I guess you don't know how things work around her since you're new. So let me tell you how it works."

Chris took several steps closer to Selena until their faces were just inches apart.

"Everyone--especially a nobody like you--listens to what I say and does it. I don't care if it's an assignment meant for two people. You," she poked Selena's chest hard enough to force her to take a step back, "you have to find a way to do it on your own." 

Selena couldn't find the strength to say anything as she continued to look at Chris, noticing the menacing smile which appeared on her face. She watched as she turned around and took a few steps before stopping to turn around to look at Selena once again.

"By the way, I won't accept anything less than 90% so you better work hard on it." 

All Selena could do was watch Chris as she walked away from her.

"I don't own the chairs do I?" Selena snapped at Chris. Chris didn't say anything as she sat across from her, tapping her fingers on the table. Selena tried to focus on her reading but the constant tapping caused her to snap her head up to look at Chris once she had had enough.

"Can't you see I'm busy? Unlike you, I'm actually doing my homework." 

Chris didn't say anything for a while, only looking at her with a small smile on her face. Selena continued to look at her, wondering if there was a reason why she came to her or was she just there to annoy her?

"You can stop with the death glare before you burn a hole through my head, I didn't come here to piss you off," Chris finally said after a few moments of silence.