Ch. 4: The Meeting

"Bitchhhh wake up!!! It's time for us to get this money!" , Lauren screamed.

Silence.

Well, I didn't want to have to do this but Dinah left me no choice, Lauren thought.

Lauren went to the kitchen area of the hotel suite they're staying in. She grabbed a big ole pot and filled it with ice cold water. This will teach her, Lauren thought. Turning off the faucet, Lauren walked back to Dinah's room to find her sleeping starfish style on the the bed.

Hmmmm, maybe I should spare her. You know, maybe be a good friend for once? Buttt, I'm not her friend, I'm her best friend, and I shouldn't let my best friend be late for her first day of work. Right?

After having this internal conflict, Lauren gets the pot and throws all the water on Dinah's head, screaming, "For Dinahhhhhhhhh!!!!!".

Dinah sprung up from the bed, kicked the covers off her, and glared at Lauren.

"What the actual fuck Lauren!"

"Woah, simmer down there she-hulk", Lauren said while putting her hands up in defense.

"Simmer down!? Simmer down!? S i m m e r D o w n ! ?". Dinah was practically seething at this point.

"How tf do you expect me to, Dinah impersonated Lauren, 'Simmer down'???"

Lauren looked at her nails while Dinah continued in her rant,

"How would you like it if you were having a good ass sleep, and you were awoken from you sleep? Not from an alarm, or a person, but fucking 2 gallons of water that your best friend dumped on you! That's just straight up disrespectful. I should slap your stoopid ass for even thinking of waking me up like that! And another thi-

"Are you done or are you finished ?" Lauren asked with an unamused face.

Dinah sighed deeply and counted to ten in her head to keep her from dragging Lauren all across this hotel room floor.

"Both", Dinah said crossing her arms.

"Good, now get in the shower and get that anger off your face. It's not a good look for you".

Dinah rolled her eyes and mumbled, I wouldn't be angry if you didn't just turn my bed into a freaking dunk tank.

Lauren put her hands on her chin and pretended to think, "Hmmm that's funny it sounds like I hear a mouth moving instead of water running."

Rolling her eyes, Dinah walked up to Lauren and punched her in the arm. Then, Dinah stomped her way to the bathroom.

___________________________

Both girls were walking towards the studio where Dinah would meet Simon Cowell and Normani, until Dinah turned to Lauren and said,

"Lauren, I'm nervous"

Lauren stopped walking and grabbed Dinah's shoulders, "Just relax, everything's going to be fine. There's no need to be nervous. It's not like you can't sing, and you met Simon Cowell already, so why are you nervous?"

Dinah sighed and ran her hand through her hair, "Because I feel unprepared, I have no songs or song ideas ready so that I can start recording my single. I don't even know what genre I want my music to be in, and I have no idea what kind of audience I want to appeal to. I could appeal to young girls, but then I can't be a ho or wear anything with my thighs showing or else their parents will call me a bad influence. I could appeal to teenagers, but they're judge and rude as fuck. I could appeal to old me-"