Ch. 21: A Promising Present (Part 3)

Normani glanced at Dinah with a scowl on her face and scoffed, turning back to the mirror, and reapplying her lipstick.

Dinah shakily took one step closer to Normani, feeling as though she could suffocate from the obvious tension that filled the room.   "Are you okay Mani?"

The darker-skinned woman didn't turn away from the mirror and fixed her hair.  "What do you think Dinah?", she snipped.

"No, you're not."

"You're right.  I am not happy Dinah", Normani replied in a cold manner.

Dinah started to get frustrated with the lack of information and nasty attitude Normani was giving her.  How can she try to make it better, if Normani wasn't even telling her what the problem was?  More importantly, why was she giving Dinah a gnarly attitude, when she was the only person that decided to check up on her.  If anything, she felt that the older woman should be thankful for her.  It's clear that she's the only person that truly cares for Normani both off and on camera.  "Can you face me when you're talking to me?  I don't know if you know this, but it's rude to not face someone while you're talking to them."

"I do know.  I just don't give a fuck quite frankly.  I can do whatever I want, just like you do apparently."  Normani shrugged, putting her lipstick back in her makeup bag.  She zipped the bag up slowly, which added to the already thick tension that was in the room. 

Dinah angrily took two steps forward.  "And what the fuck is that supposed to mean?!"

The brunette placed her makeup bag in her black Chanel bag, sill refusing to look at Dinah.    "Forget it.  It doesn't matter anyways."  She took her bag off the sink, placing it around her shoulder, turning towards Dinah for the first time.  She could tell by the vain popping out of the blonde's neck and her reddened face that Dinah was angry.  But she didn't care, just like Dinah clearly didn't care about her own feelings.  Trying to exit the bathroom, Normani walked up to Dinah, who was currently blocking the door.

"Move."

"No", Dinah said sternly.

Normani tried to sidestep Dinah by moving to the left. Dinah copied Normani's movement, preventing her from exiting the bathroom, face contorting into a mischievous grin.

"I said move!", Normani yelled, trying to move to the right, but once again being blocked by the tall blonde.

"Tell me what I did and I just might." Dinah smirked knowingly, realizing she had the upper hand in this situation. The brunette sucked her teeth and crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't have time for your games Dinah, just move out of the fucking way so I can exit the bathroom. Please and thank you."

"Nope", the blonde said while popping the 'p'. "Not until you tell me what's got your panties in a bunch."

Normani sighed dejectedly, while raking a hand through her hair. "You Dinah. You're what's got my 'panties in a bunch'."

"I know that. Tell me what I did so I can fix it", Dinah spoke softly. She gently wrapped her arms around Normani's waist, staring down at her with caring eyes.

"Ugh", the brunette groaned and shook her head. "Can you stop being cute for a second? I'm supposed to be mad at you." Dinah just chuckled half-heartedly, meanwhile Normani was not amused, she was being dead serious. In attempt to calm Normani, the Tongan started rubbing small circles on her lower back.

The brunette took in a shaky breath and closed her eyes, leaning her head on Dinah's chest. Both women stayed in each other's embrace for what felt like forever, even though it was only for a mere two minutes. But, that's how it was with them, every moment they spent together felt like an eternity in bliss, neither of them ever wanting the moments to end.