Ch. 7: New Song, New Team, and New Habits

Lauren and Dinah rushed into the Epic Records building.

9:10 am

Arriving in the lobby, both girls tried to catch their breaths. Dinah leaned forward with her hands on her knees and started taking slow, deep breaths to slow down her heart rate.

Finally feeling her heart rate slow and her breathing become more even, Dinah states, "I have to work out more"

Lauren looks at Dinah and crosses her arms over her chest, "No, what you need to do is wake up when the fucking alarm goes off!"

Dinah looked around the lobby, under the plants around the room, under her feet, and under the furniture. Lauren huffed, agitated that Dinah left her while they were in mid-conversation.

"What the fuck are you looking for!? Did you not hear me just talking to you ?!"

Dinah walked over to Lauren, "See that's the thing, I was looking for who the fuck you were talking to! Because I don't don't know who you think you're yelling at, but you better bring it down several notches because I'm not the one!"

Lauren rolled her eyes and said nothing because she didn't wanna get her ass beat. And, because she knows her tone was a little harsh, so instead of responding with a shady comeback, Lauren just glanced around the lobby.

Seeing that Lauren wasn't responding, Dinah continued talking,"Also, don't act like this whole situation is my fault. The reason I couldn't sleep was because your dumbass decided to bring girls to our room last night! And they weren't even cute, they were the fucking middle-aged owner and some of her staff! Like what the fuck Lauren?! What were you even thinking ?? You knew damn well we had to wake up early this morning , you even told me yourself to go to bed early."

Lauren sighed, annoyed that they were having this conversation when they were already 10 minutes late, and they could've been walked into the studio by now.

"Number one, they weren't middle aged women, they were in their mid to late 30s, so get your facts straight before you come for me. And, I was thinking, how the fuck are we going to pay for the hotel, with no source of income!? You already know Simon's cheap ass isn't gonna pay us until you release the damn song you should be recording now, instead of yelling at me! So yes, I did sleep with those women, so that we don't get kicked out and become homeless. It's called being pro-active you should try it sometime."

Dinah rolled her eyes but then grinned when she came to a realization. "So, you're a prostitute?"

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows, "Come again?"

Dinah repeated her statement as if it were obvious, "You're a prostitute. You had sex with those women and they paid you. But, in this case, they paid you indirectly by paying for, or not charging us for, our hotel stay"

Lauren's eyes widened. Oh shit, she thought. I am a prostitute. Did I hit rock bottom??? Am I really that broke?? After damn near hyperventilating because she knew momma Clara would beat her ass if she found out what Lauren was doing with her life, she began to think more logically to feel better about herself and the situation. Wait, but technically I'm not a prostitute because I only did this one time. And by the end of this week, Dinah will have released her song, which will top the charts and we'll become millionaires. Unless it flops, but that's a whole other issue for another day. Plus, it's not my fault every women wants a taste of my pixie stick. Who am I to deny them a taste??? If I didn't give them any of my candy, that would be selfish. And Lauren Jauregui isn't selfish! Also, I was going to have sex with them anyways because they kept sending me subliminal messages, indicating that they wanted some of this churro. And I never say no to free head. It's like saying no to free food. So therefore I'm not a prostitute because no one forced me to have sex with them. Right?