Ch. 13: Aftermath

Normani watched in horror as Dinah repeatedly punched Camila's face.  She knew she had to intervene before Dinah re-configured Camila's face, but she couldn't move.  She was in shock, as she heard each punch connect with the Cuban's face.  Therefore, Normani just stood there, dumbly, as she witnessed her ex-girlfriend getting "her face beat" literally, by her friend?  Acquaintance?  Artist?  Co-worker?  Normani didn't necessarily know who Dinah was to her yet, at least outside of their work environment, but what she did know was Dinah had some hands. 

BAM!!

Normani was snapped out of her daze and focused on what was occurring in front of her very own eyes. Lo and behold, an unconscious Camila laid under Dinah with thick, crimson red blood oozing from her nose.  Normani's eyes widened in fear, and she ran over to Dinah whose fist was raised in the air, about to deliver another blow.

"DINAH!!  DINAH!!!  STOP, SHE'S HAD ENOUGH!  CAN'T YOU TELL SHE'S UNCONSCIOUS!!!", Normani yelled, heated that there's now an unconscious artist in the studio.  How am I going to explain this to Simon???  Maybe I should say Camila was feeling lightheaded, so her nose began to bleed and then she passed out.  But.. how will I explain the busted lip??  I know!  I'll say her dumbass ran into the door and fell out....that's somewhat believable I guess. 

Dinah turned towards Normani with widened eyes, while still straddling Camila.  Normani then pushed Dinah off Camila and put her head near Camila's chest to see if her heart was beating. 

"You know, she isn't dead right?  She's just unconscious.  She'll be fine.", Dinah said while watching Normani examine Camila as if she were a doctor and not a multi-platinum recording artist. 

Normani scoffed, annoyed that Dinah was so calm about this.  Both of them could get fired, her reputation would be ruined, and Camila could bring Dinah up on assault charges as soon as she regained consciousness, yet Dinah still has the nerve to be calm.  Normani didn't like that.  Normani didn't like that one bit. 

Normani looked over to Lauren and Ally, the latter looking as though she just shitted her pants.  "One of you call 911, now!".

Ally nodded frantically and pulled out her phone, dialing the 3 digits.  She spoke with the operator as Normani turned back towards Camila, feeling guilty that she didn't step in sooner or dismiss Camila from the studio.  Tears started to form in Normani's eyes as she watched Camila lay there, lifelessly.  Despite the blood, she looked peaceful, at ease, carefree even, and it reminded her of the first time she met Camila, before Camila turned into an arrogant asshole. 

-Flashback-

Normani was driving along a road in her black LaFerrari Aperta as she sung along to "Or Nah" by Ty Dolla $ign. 

"I'ma smoke this joint then I'ma break you off.  All these tattoos in my skin, they turn you on.  Lotta smoking, drinking, that's the shit-".

BANG!!!

Normani's car jolted forward due to a hit from behind.  She looked in her rear view mirror and noticed a teenager, no more than 17, in a white honda civic, with its front smashed in. 

"Fuck!", Normani exclaimed.  She then raked her hands through her curly hair and abruptly excited her car.  She walked around the perimeter of her car and inspected it for any damage.  The car was completely fine, until she got to the back of course, but to her surprise, it only had a small dent in it.  Suddenly, Normani's attention was turned away from the dent when she heard a car door close.  Normani's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as she watched a 5'2 Latina girl exit the white Honda.  She watched as the woman walked closer to her clad in a white crop top that showed off her toned stomach and orange-colored jeans, with white heels.