Ch. 5: What Happens in the Studio...

Normani sat in the black office chair and crossed her legs while twirling her hair around her finger. 

Dinah still stood dumbfounded, and Normani was getting quite bored to say the least.  

"Are you just gonna stand there and stare at me, or are you gonna sit down?", Normani stated annoyed.  

Dinah didn't answer the question and sat down on the leather couch.  

"Okay, now that you're done eye-fucking me, we can now get down to business".

Dinah rolled her eyes, "Who said I was looking at you?  I could've been looking at the wall behind you?"

"Yeah....okay, whatever helps you sleep at night", Normani stated while examining her nails.  

"Whatever, you're not all that anyways"

"Tell that to the 30 million fans I have around the world that would literally pay to be in my presence, let alone talk to me."

"Wow can you be less cocky?", Dinah said, slightly getting annoyed that she almost started liking this girl.  She's such an asshole,  Dinah thought.  

"I can be whatever you want babygirl, but less cocky is not one of them", Normani said with a smirk.  

Dinah blushes a little at the name Normani calls her, but she quickly rolls her eyes afterwards.  "Can we just get to work so that I can leave?"

"Okay princess, your wish is my command" Normani says with a grin.  

A small smile tugs at Dinah's lips and she looks down for a moment.  No one has called Dinah that for a long time, and hearing the name almost made her start missing being in relationships.  Almost. 

Slightly agitated that Normani can break down the walls that surrounded her heart, she responds" Can you stop with the pet names?  I just want to proceed with the meeting so I can go back to my hotel room and take a well-deserved nap."

"Rough morning?"

"It was more than a rough morning, it was a freaking train wreck that started with my Manager aka my obnoxious ass friend, who poured a whole pot of wat-"

Dinah cut herself off from her own rant.  "How do you do that?", Dinah asked Normani while furrowing her eyebrows.  

Normani was confused.  "How do I do what?"

"How do you act like an arrogant asshole one second, and then the next you act like you care? I'm honestly intrigued."

Normani rolled her eyes, "Gee, thanks.  How do you manage to live your life in the closet?"

"Fuck you", Dinah said while sticking up her middle finger at Normani.  

Normani smiled, "You wish you could.  But sadly, you're not my type". 

Dinah sarcastically smiled back at Normani.  "That's good because sadly, I'm not gay", Dinah said while imitating Normani's voice when she said sadly.  

"Hmmmm what a shame, your fingers could've been of good use", Normani states matter-of-factly.  

"I thought I wasn't your type?", Dinah said smirking.

"Woah there, I was talking about other girls", Normani said while putting both her hands out in front of her, as though Dinah was a car and Normani was telling her to stop.  

"Anyways", Normani said before Dinah could take the conversation to dark, unknown places they would never be able to come back from, "What genre do you want your music to be apart of?"