Ch. 8: Congratulations

Warning: there will be mentioning of hints of racism in this chapter and simply ignorant thoughts/comments.
-
"Congratulations on your first song release, Dinah.   I'm proud to say that it has already reached the 20th spot on Billboard's top 100", Simon said with a smile.

Dinah smiled widely, "Thanks, Simon, but I couldn't have done it without Normani"

Dinah's statement snapped Normani out of her thoughts and she gazed into Dinah's chocolate eyes. Dinah caught Normani's gaze and looked back at her with soft eyes. Keeping her eyes on Dinah's, Normani smiled softly, and put a strand of hair behind her ear. "Thanks, but that was all you, I just produced the song and helped guide you."

"That's sweet and all, but we gotta get down to business, I didn't just call you guys down here to hold hands and kumbaya because we still need to get Dinah's song to the top 5 and I have to discuss important business".

Normani quickly tore her eyes away from Dinah's gaze and glared at Simon.

Before Normani could say anything, Lauren said, "Spill the beans".

Simon sat back in his chair, and folded his arms against his chest, and grinned. "Patience is a virtue my dear".

Lauren rolled her eyes and scoffed rather loudly.  Ally then decided to enter the conversation before anyone does something they regret.

"Stop being an asshole and just tell us what the fuck is going on, like damn.  That's why mom stay cheating on you."

Everyone in the room's eyes widened and Ally rolled her eyes annoyed that everyone was acting like this information was brand new.  The room became filled with awkward silence and Normani decided to break it by saying, "It all makes sense now because when I passed by Ms. Lopez's office last week, I heard all types of moans, but I honestly thought nothing of it.  At first, I thought it was you, but your name isn't Ricardo so I guess it wasn't you?  But that's none of my business."

Normani then sipped some of her scorching hot tea as everyone in the room stared at her.  Some them, and by some I mean Lauren and Dinah had their mouths slightly open in shock because Normani not only exposed J-Lo's infidelity and adventurous sex life, but she also disrespected her boss in the process.  Suddenly feeling awkward and confused that everyone was looking at her, Normani put her tea down and proceeded to look at everyone else in the room. 

"Why is everyone staring at me like that?"

Normani thought for a moment, she honestly had no idea why everyone was staring at her like she grew two heads.  After thinking for a while now, Normani finally came to a conclusion as to why everyone in the room was staring at her like she announced she was Beyoncé's illegitimate child.

"Ohhhh I get it, y'all want some of my tea?  I can make some for you guys if you want?"

"No we're fine, I actually just had some tea and it was scorching", Lauren said, putting emphasis on the word scorching.

Normani shrugged and sipped her tea again, "Well, more for me I guess".

Simon, who's face hardened after hearing Normani's story, decided that he would deliver the news he's been waiting to deliver to Normani now.  Since Normani wanted to be cute, Simon decided to put an added twist on his news that he was sure would rock Normani's world, just like she decided to make his world explode with the news she just presented him with a good three minutes ago.

"Now that we're done talking about tea, I am delighted to inform you that you will be mentoring three other artists in addition to Dinah.  As a result of this strenuous  and time-consuming task, your music career will be on hold, considering that your contract is up anyways, and you will spend your time mentoring three more talented women"