Ch. 11: Revelations Pt. 1

Normani opened the door to Epic Record's building, and glanced at her Lady-Datejust 28 rolex watch.  It was 9:15 a.m., and she was late, again, but this time it wasn't her fault.  It was Ally's and Simon's fault for giving her that long ass contract to sign the night before it was due.  That, along with the fact that Ally interrupted Normani from getting one more high, and busting into Camila's mansion like the FBI during a drug raid, really irked her nerves. 

Normani released a heavy sigh. Approaching Epic's glass double doors, she walked inside the building.  As soon as she walked in, she was greeted by Epic Record's receptionist, Yasmin.

"You're late, again", she said, not bothering to look up from whatever paperwork she was doing. 

"And you're in my business again", Normani said while looking at her nails, wanting this conversation to be over.

Since as long as Normani could remember, Yasmin always kept tabs on her, which annoyed the crap out of her because she hated when people got in her business. Hence, why she was still irritated with Ally. Well there was that, and the fact that Normani just came off her high last night, which made her highly irritable. Nobody was keeping tabs on her when she was caught in the bathroom sending nudes to her new boo-thang, so why is she so focused on me? , Normani thought. She needs to be focused on the fact that her new "boo" has time during the hours of 9 a.m.-5p.m. to text her, instead of working at a job.  That's what she needs to be worried about.

Yasmin looked up from her papers and smiled at Normani.  "Well, apparently, your business is my business because Simon told me to make sure you came in on time.  He said if you didn't, there would be severe consequences."

Normani scrutinized her, trying to see if she was joking. The younger,and lighter-skinned woman looked at Normani with eyes that had a glint of mischievousness to them. Normani stared back at the woman challengingly and said, "Oh yeah?  Well how is Simon going to find out?  Who's going to tell him, might I ask?". 

Yasmin smirked, "You should already know."

Normani smirked back and stated, "Hmmm, does her name happen to rhyme with Jasmine?  If so, Jasmine Rice better rethink her decision because I will tell Simon what a certain someone was doing in the bathroom, while they were supposedly "at their desk."

Yasmin's face contorted into a glare and she folded her arms over her chest.  "You wouldn't dare", she snarled. 

Normani grinned while paying with the Hula Girl bobble head on Yasmin's desk.  "Of course I would, I even have receipts, just in case tea and crumpets doesn't believe me. Would you like to see?"

Yasmin didn't respond and looked back down at her desk.  Sighing, she continued to do her paperwork and completely ignored the darker-skinned woman's presence.

"Yasmin", Normani called to the receptionist in a stern tone in order to get her attention.  Yasmin looked up with pure hatred in her eyes, which almost looked like the fiery pits of hell. Normani wasn't intimidated by this one bit, but she was rather amused by it. Normani had to refrain from laughing as she thought, Are you big mad or are you little mad? 

"What", She spat. 

Normani smiled making sure she showed off her pearly white teeth and said, "Have a good rest of the day!". She then winked at Jasmine Rice and walked off. While walking, Normani looked behind her to see if she had gotten any reaction out of the receptionist, and to her delight, Normani peeped that Yasmin was glaring at her and decided to flip her off.

Normani chuckled and continued walking to Studio A.  Ahhhh, I loved pissing people off, especially early in the morning because after doing so, I was 100% sure my day would go better than theirs.  It's fucked up, I know, but hey, what can I say?  I'm a fucked up person, as you may have, or have not already seen.